Always tries to mate with my hand.

mikouba

Hi guys, I have 5 months old veiled. Its my first one, I had him since he was 2 months old. He is loosing interest in his food lately (which should be normal I guess) while everything else is just fine. Each time I open his cage and try to do something in there, he jumps at me, grabs my hand, starts hissing and tries to mate with it. I cant do anything but to avoid him climbing on me. Its taking nearly two weeks now, nothing has changed. Is my guy just so horny for lifetime or will he give up eventually?

HAHAH. Yes, humour is always good. Try varying your diet some new bugs may make him eat and get him off your hand.

Oh well Chuck, that wasnt needed, but was funny though...

I have been trying to offer him crickets, dubias and zophobias. He eats any of them, but only a single piece or two.

I doubt there is a problem with trying to mate.

Maybe he sees pictures of Chams on your computer or thinks your hand is another Cham.

It's just funny. I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe he will grow out of it

He has most likely seen you trying to mate with your hand.

LOL!! I was going to say, maybe he saw you do something with your hand
that gave him the idea ;) :D

Anyway, when Sméagol was 6 months old, he would try to hump my hand
too. Just those 'teenage' hormones kicking in :D

They get over it pretty soon.

I dont know if its karma or what, but when I was trying to feed him today, he climbed on me, was calm and was just sitting on my shoulder, not even opening his mouth. So I let him wonder on my table and stuff, gave him a house tour and put him back in his cage without any problem.

Thanks guys!

Here is his picture:

Attachments

• IMG_20140213_130024.jpg
    IMG_20140213_130024.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 180
Do you have a free range for him?

Chams do best if they are allowed to explore, esp in their teenage, months.

The few I can trust to not get into trouble, I allow to spend the night and all
the next day out on the free range.

Do you have a free range for him?

Chams do best if they are allowed to explore, esp in their teenage, months.

The few I can trust to not get into trouble, I allow to spend the night and all
the next day out on the free range.

I dont have a free range, I will be doing one in few months at my balcony where the sun shines from sunrise to sunset (cant wait for it) so he will probably be living there all time during summer.

Back
Top Bottom