All-in-One Bulb?

Cjd713

I was looking around today, and I found a bulb on Screameleons website called the 'Powersun UV'. It says that it produces the UVB rays necessary for our chams, while also producing heat. I was wondering if this was as effective?

~Conner

Last edited by a moderator:
I use one for my iguana, and many use them for beardies and other reptiles. They do put out quite a bit of heat and UVB, though, so probably not for young chameleons. reptileuv.com has the one I use.

I do not suggest using one withut a UVB meter and a temp gun. Too much room for error with a small chameleon cage without them. Plus they only come in really high wattages (100+ I believe.)

I would recommend if you are going to use a bulb like that. Get a UVB meter and only use it on a really large setup. You may need to move the bulb quite a distance from the cage to get the UVB/Temp range you are looking for.

also bare in mind these bulbs don't seem reliable, i went through 2 in 4 weeks
in a 200 gal flex although dave loved it.

The mercury vapor bulbs are great for UVB and heat.
Your plants are going to need more light from the red side of the spectrum to thrive.

Its best to have :
1 basking bulb
1 uvb bulb
1 full spectrum bulb
This way you'll still be under 100 watts and if one bulb burns out your not left in the dark.

Powersun UV bulbs work excellent when used correctly. I would never use them for babies or juveniles. It is also strongly advised to have close watch on temps. This bulb gets extremely hot!

Back
Top Bottom