Albino Superworm?

VerucaSalt

Established Member
I have to add a disclaimer that I have not been doing this long at all, this is only my 3rd batch of superworms--i have a juvenile male Jackson who is both small & was a Petco "rescue" (I understand the issues now & won't support the commodity-esque sales thru the chains).

While a voracious eater, who is fed daily, he only gets 2-3 daily prior to staple feeders.

*Is this an "albino-like" common iteration of these type of worms?* I haven't had any all white ones previously, but it still appears to be a super/none of the wax worms are near these/can access, etc...

Just curious if this is a normal occurrence/maloma sure they're ok to include for feeding.

Ty for humoring my many questions;)View media item 47750

I have to add a disclaimer that I have not been doing this long at all, this is only my 3rd batch of superworms--i have a juvenile male Jackson who is both small & was a Petco "rescue" (I understand the issues now & won't support the commodity-esque sales thru the chains).

While a voracious eater, who is fed daily, he only gets 2-3 daily prior to staple feeders.

*Is this an "albino-like" common iteration of these type of worms?* I haven't had any all white ones previously, but it still appears to be a super/none of the wax worms are near these/can access, etc...

Just curious if this is a normal occurrence/maloma sure they're ok to include for feeding.

Ty for humoring my many questions;)View media item 47750

I believe that Superworms shed or molt their shell as they grow. I could be wrong, (it's happened once before :p jk jk) but I believe a freshly shed Superworm is lighter like that, and they get darker as they are ready to shed/molt again, until they pupate.

@random user name is correct. The white ones are freshly shed and as I'm sure you may have noticed considerably softer at this stage too.

I believe that Superworms shed or molt their shell as they grow. I could be wrong, (it's happened once before :p jk jk) but I believe a freshly shed Superworm is lighter like that, and they get darker as they are ready to shed/molt again, until they pupate.

Thank you lol!! I swear, I'm overly paranoid as my guy has already seemingly had a lot of issues, and honestly felt a little silly posting the query to begin with.

I've uncovered a rare genetic mutation that will require extensive scientific research immediatly and opps!! Oh, the Chameleon shot it right out of my hand lmao....that would be my luck at this point I swear lmao.

I AM grateful this very quick and unforgiving learning curve has gotten me well past my bug/worm/crawling fears/phobias, but feel like a fish out of water attempting to navigate the whole experience! Just the shed portions of the worms led to a Google search when firstly starting. My feeling over prepared and well-read about their care was quickly dashed to the rocks, oy!

I'm very new to owning a chameleon, and to the forums as well, but I've been reading the threads for months as I was getting ready to put an enclosure together and get my first chameleon. Something I noticed/love about these forums is, that it seems the many experts on here are willing to help us newbies, as long as our intentions are for the well being of our buddies.

They probably face palm a little bit, but they help out (y):ROFLMAO:

Thank you lol!! I swear, I'm overly paranoid as my guy has already seemingly had a lot of issues, and honestly felt a little silly posting the query to begin with.

I've uncovered a rare genetic mutation that will require extensive scientific research immediatly and opps!! Oh, the Chameleon shot it right out of my hand lmao....that would be my luck at this point I swear lmao.

I AM grateful this very quick and unforgiving learning curve has gotten me well past my bug/worm/crawling fears/phobias, but feel like a fish out of water attempting to navigate the whole experience! Just the shed portions of the worms led to a Google search when firstly starting. My feeling over prepared and well-read about their care was quickly dashed to the rocks, oy!

The only way we learn is to ask, be it here, google or pm's with your cham mentor :D. I've not spent much time here lately due to various things but as mentioned, the members are normally willing to help. Some times the replies may seem a little harsh but it is usually for the benefit of the cham when they are.

I'm very new to owning a chameleon, and to the forums as well, but I've been reading the threads for months as I was getting ready to put an enclosure together and get my first chameleon. Something I noticed/love about these forums is, that it seems the many experts on here are willing to help us newbies, as long as our intentions are for the well being of our buddies.

They probably face palm a little bit, but they help out (y):ROFLMAO:

We've ALL been here, I promise. Some of us were here 10 years ago, some 5, and some 2 weeks ago, but we all had the same questions, and all came here for the advice. As long as you are willing to listen to the knowledge of those with more experience we'll keep dishing it out :D

I like to believe that they are albino superworms and they just have the power to change back to normal after a few hours.

In phone booths only or will it work if I put them in a closet of similiar sizing?? Hehe. I couldn't resist. Maybe I'm just missing them being this shade, I like that it had the softer shell/skin and assume it's a little easier to digest?

I bought my Jackson's from Petco as well back in December. My Petco lizard is a huge happy healthy vibrant young man now.

Our Jackson's are a bit tougher to raise than some of the other species. I've spent months researching hisbandry and think I have everything dialed. Let me know if you have any questions about your little friend and his husbandry.

I bought my Jackson's from Petco as well back in December. My Petco lizard is a huge happy healthy vibrant young man now.

Our Jackson's are a bit tougher to raise than some of the other species. I've spent months researching hisbandry and think I have everything dialed. Let me know if you have any questions about your little friend and his husbandry.

I really appreciate it! Everything seems to be a new adventure, but it's all been a positive learning experience thankfully--i may have to take you up on that offer in the near future(y)

Back
Top Bottom