Aggressive Cham?

Pablothecow

How do you start to train your Cham to let you hold them? I have a very aggressive female Cham that freaks out whenever I try to hold her. I'm very gentle and stuff but she just hisses and tries to bite me. Is there any way that I can get her to let me hold her?

Hand fed snacks that she never gets out of the feeder bowl :)

Works for me. You want the num num, you face your fears and eat from the hand of death.

For real problem childs, do not put your hand in the cage. They can be perfectly find till the evil hand enters their tree.

Also some chams are just super cage dominant, once they are out of the cage they are perfectly fine. For those i normally have a removable branch. get them on the branch will snacks, then take the stick out and see if they will go on your hand.

Hand fed snacks that she never gets out of the feeder bowl :)

Works for me. You want the num num, you face your fears and eat from the hand of death.

For real problem childs, do not put your hand in the cage. They can be perfectly find till the evil hand enters their tree.

Also some chams are just super cage dominant, once they are out of the cage they are perfectly fine. For those i normally have a removable branch. get them on the branch will snacks, then take the stick out and see if they will go on your hand.

X2 I couldn't have said it any better, do these things and build up the trust with your Cham. Some take more time them others to trust us but most chams that are worked with and not given up on will sooner or later trust you. Good luck!

Thanks guys. What to use for snacks? Mealworms?

I don't since my chams don't like them, I use treats like hornworms, and super worms. Also other things that they don't get as often as crickets like dubia roaches, and silk worms.

Some pet stores have these items but you can also order online, there is some good site sponsors that sell them.

Snacks

Mealworms should do fine! You should not give your cham too many at once though, they are used to fatten up your chameleon. You can also try Calciworms and Silkworms!

i like to spend a lot of time sitting in front of the cage with the door open.
i think it helps them get comfortable with you.
mind you just sitting reading or something.

worked for me:p

Back
Top Bottom