Age ?

Kam0408

Established Member
Hi I have had my male veiled chameleon since September and I got him from petco. They said between 4-7 months but I don’t know, what does he look like to you guys?? He is also 11 inches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 112
Aww thanks!!! Funny story, one day I was watching tangled and I saw the chameleon and I knew then I had to get a chameleon, so his name is pascal!!😂
It's actually quite common. Lol. A lot of people on here have chameleons named rango or pascal. 🤣

Hes a good looking cham none the less!! 😍🤗

Welcome to the forum. Pascal is a beautiful big boy! 🥰
At any mention of Petco, my antennae go up as they are notorious for providing incorrect care advise. If you wouldn’t mind posting a pic of your entire enclosure, including lights we can make sure you’ve got the right stuff.
Some great resources for learning all about your handsome little man... https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/
Make sure to check out all of her videos.

Welcome to the forum. Pascal is a beautiful big boy! 🥰
At any mention of Petco, my antennae go up as they are notorious for providing incorrect care advise. If you wouldn’t mind posting a pic of your entire enclosure, including lights we can make sure you’ve got the right stuff.
Some great resources for learning all about your handsome little man... https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/
Make sure to check out all of her videos.

Sure!! Give me one second😄

I have the hammock in that pic but I took it out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?Male Veiled Chameleon, 9 months, since September
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? 2-4 times a week
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?Roaches,Crickets, waxworms, mealworms on occasion😬, BSFL, hornworms
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?Multivitamin, calcium with and without d3
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?Yes see him all the time drink, mist 2-3 times a day 1-2 mins
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?No but I plan to have a check up very soon
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?Screen, 2.2.4
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?5.0 T5ho linear UVB, 75 watt heat bulb
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?Around 80-85 degrees.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?30-40%
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? All live
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?On floor
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Texas

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?Male Veiled Chameleon, 9 months, since September
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? 2-4 times a week
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?Roaches,Crickets, waxworms, mealworms on occasion😬, BSFL, hornworms
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?Multivitamin, calcium with and without d3
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?Yes see him all the time drink, mist 2-3 times a day 1-2 mins
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?No but I plan to have a check up very soon
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?Screen, 2.2.4
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?5.0 T5ho linear UVB, 75 watt heat bulb
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?Around 80-85 degrees.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?30-40%
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? All live
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?On floor
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Texas
Could you answers these questions, please?
-When you take him out to handle, does he go outside, to a free-range set-up, gets treats, or something else?
-How often do you feed, and how many bugs do you feed him each feeding? How often are you use using the waxworms and hornworms? What are you using to gutload his feeders?
-What is your supplement schedule?
-Each daytime mistings session needs to be a minimum of 2-5+ minutes or longer. Try to only mist in the morning and at night for your daytime mistings when the cage is cooler, if the humidity allows it.
-Definitely get a fecal check done since he’s from Petco. Make sure to bring a fresh fecal sample with you to the appointment. Also do bloodwork and x-rays while there (he is old enough to get bloodwork done safely). Make sure to drop off at least 2 fresh fecal samples afterwards to make sure no parasites were missed. Is the vet you’re going to experienced in chameleons?
-How old is his UVB bulb, and how far away is it from his basking branch? What is your light schedule?
-How are you measuring his temps? What is his exact basking temp? Are you using a digital thermometer with a probe, with the probe placed where his casque/top of his back is when he’s on his basking branch, to measure his basking temp? What are his ambient and nighttime temps?
-Daytime humidity is great, but what are his nighttime humidity levels? How do you measure humidity?

Back
Top Bottom