Age estimation?

Echoezra

Established Member
Can't post pictures from my phone apparently, I'll try to get some up tomorrow after work. But maybe from size description you guys could give me an educated guess?
So he's a flapneck, about 2.5 inches nose to bum, maybe about 6 inches?? to end of tail if stretched out.
About how old would that make him? Really appreciate your help here.
Thanks guys.

Sorry if it's bad etiquette to try and bump this, I'm just hoping to getthe attention of someone who might know. I'm curious so I don't underfeed if he's still young. Any guesses anybody? Thanks so much.

My guess would be young.....maybe 2 to 3 months old. If you could post some pictures that would be helpful.

wow.

My guess would be young.....maybe 2 to 3 months old. If you could post some pictures that would be helpful.

Wow, really? That young, eh? That's pretty cool, I was figuring older, not really sure why, I guess half adult size, for some reason half adult age, lol. Well yeah that would be pretty cool, because I get to raise him up right, right?

Well, I think I got my pictures transferred, let's try it out and see...
nope. my pictures file sizes are too big to insert. I guess I'm going to have to get a hosting account somewhere to refer url's to? what do you guys recommend for that?

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
more pictures then

More pictures!
For reference, I have very small girlie hands. Some of these pictures I have are on my husband's hand though, so I could check him out better without turning him too much.
Also, quick question, in third picture, is this silkworm too big for him to be eating? It's the smallest I had available at the time, but he's not even acknowledging them, wondered if maybe it was too big.
I know usually lizards can handle mildly bigger silks & hornworms cause they're squishy, but I don't want the bug to intimidate him. lol.
He DID, however, just eat 3 little crickets about half an hour ago!! I was VERY excited to see him eat something!!!! yayy!

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 140
Who hatched those out, Steve? Beautiful looking animal!
That would be me.

More pictures!
For reference, I have very small girlie hands. Some of these pictures I have are on my husband's hand though, so I could check him out better without turning him too much.
Also, quick question, in third picture, is this silkworm too big for him to be eating? It's the smallest I had available at the time, but he's not even acknowledging them, wondered if maybe it was too big.
I know usually lizards can handle mildly bigger silks & hornworms cause they're squishy, but I don't want the bug to intimidate him. lol.
He DID, however, just eat 3 little crickets about half an hour ago!! I was VERY excited to see him eat something!!!! yayy!
I would say after looking at photos that chameleon is in the mid year range. And already at sexual maturity. Silkworm looks okay. Houseflies are a favorite feeder insect of this species.

Back
Top Bottom