Affordable reptile vets in Sacramento area

djfishygillz

Avid Member
Any help here would be great. Now that I am back in sac I figure it is time I get a reliable and affordable vet. I am also really looking for a good place to get fecal checks.
Thank you all for your help.

You have lots of reptiles?

You should invest in the equipment to do your own fecals. I don't think it really costs that much to get the microscope, specimen containers and reagents.

I do but in case I need a surgery done or something beyond my skill set I want a good vet. I will invest in a fecal kit soon.

The Bradshaw vet is okay. He's not super chameleon-wise but he will actually go through literature and call other vets if he doesn't know something. They are less expensive than a lot of exotics vets in Sac, but not cheap either. He did my veiled's tongue amputation as an emergency visit. People also take their chams to the Davis vet school folks.

Nick,
Loomis Basin vet clinic is great. I have not taken any of my Chams there but always take my other pets there. Everything is top notch, digital xrays & on site lab work. I did ask when I was there last year if they had staff that is experienced with reptiles and they have several that are.

http://www.loomisbasinvet.com/index.html

Nick,
Loomis Basin vet clinic is great. I have not taken any of my Chams there but always take my other pets there. Everything is top notch, digital xrays & on site lab work. I did ask when I was there last year if they had staff that is experienced with reptiles and they have several that are.

http://www.loomisbasinvet.com/index.html

The Bradshaw vet is okay. He's not super chameleon-wise but he will actually go through literature and call other vets if he doesn't know something. They are less expensive than a lot of exotics vets in Sac, but not cheap either. He did my veiled's tongue amputation as an emergency visit. People also take their chams to the Davis vet school folks.

Thank you bothi will check them out

At Bradshaw the fecals are not cheap though, so I wouldn't do regular ones there. I can't remember exactly, but I think it's like $60 for a float and smear?

I want to rant about crazy prices for a second. One place in Elk Grove as asking $120 for an exam and $100 for a fecal for my chameleons! Another place that I cannot remember at all wanted $150 for a fecal! It's ridiculous. I can't imagine how much they charge for a big ol' 120 lb dog!

At Bradshaw the fecals are not cheap though, so I wouldn't do regular ones there. I can't remember exactly, but I think it's like $60 for a float and smear?

I want to rant about crazy prices for a second. One place in Elk Grove as asking $120 for an exam and $100 for a fecal for my chameleons! Another place that I cannot remember at all wanted $150 for a fecal! It's ridiculous. I can't imagine how much they charge for a big ol' 120 lb dog!

Or how much they charge for surgery...

Back
Top Bottom