Poop

Beppo

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I have been trying to get a fresh poop to take in for a fecal check for a few weeks now and haven’t managed to find one. I found this hidden in some leaves today but I don’t know how long it has been there and I’m concerned at first it appeared to be all urate, but I flipped it over and it’s got the poop part but one side is covered in what looks like she’d or something? Not sure.. he did just have a shed .. any input would be appreciated. I am still planning to take a fecal to the vet as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5563.jpeg
    IMG_5563.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5564.jpeg
    IMG_5564.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 31
That looks like an older moldy poo. The top looks fresh because it’s getting misted. When I really need a fresh poo, I cover all that I can with paper towel...especially near where they seem to like to poo the most.

That looks like an older moldy poo. The top looks fresh because it’s getting misted. When I really need a fresh poo, I cover all that I can with paper towel...especially near where they seem to like to poo the most.
Oh ok, I couldn’t figure out what was going on 😂 the side that looks moldy was actually the top and the other was when I flipped it over. Either way good to know. And I placed some paper towels In there… I think the plants are catching a lot of it as it drops and I just need to investigate better. That makes me feel way better that that is likely just mold though, thank you 😊

I just want to throw out there as well, that the last two mornings I’ve watched Jeb looking for water to drink, today I put a dripper up… I feel like his increased thirst is alarming and that maybe this is a sign of a parasite.. I sure wish I could get a fresh sample to take in.. do you think it would be best to just take him to the vet anyways? He seems kind of sluggish lately but he did this last winter as well… if it was your chameleon would you just take them in? I keep trying to chalk things up to the new move but it’s been a month now..

I just want to throw out there as well, that the last two mornings I’ve watched Jeb looking for water to drink, today I put a dripper up… I feel like his increased thirst is alarming and that maybe this is a sign of a parasite.. I sure wish I could get a fresh sample to take in.. do you think it would be best to just take him to the vet anyways? He seems kind of sluggish lately but he did this last winter as well… if it was your chameleon would you just take them in? I keep trying to chalk things up to the new move but it’s been a month now..
While you may not have a fresh poo to take in now, you can always drop one off when he goes next. The vet can still look at him and do blood work and x rays if needed. It’s a tough call when things are vague, so I always just follow my gut instinct.

What @nightanole said. My chams have been drinking a bit more too but its SO DRY in my house with the heater running and the occasional space heater too...

Also, not that this is helpful but if you feel like something is off take him in. Your his mama and you know his behaviors. Trust your gut....worst case you took him in and your vet says he is 100% healthy and parasite free and you have peace of mind that your baby is ok.

While you may not have a fresh poo to take in now, you can always drop one off when he goes next. The vet can still look at him and do blood work and x rays if needed. It’s a tough call when things are vague, so I always just follow my gut instinct.
My bad on the vagueness… I hadn’t
What @nightanole said. My chams have been drinking a bit more too but its SO DRY in my house with the heater running and the occasional space heater too...

Also, not that this is helpful but if you feel like something is off take him in. Your his mama and you know his behaviors. Trust your gut....worst case you took him in and your vet says he is 100% healthy and parasite free and you have peace of mind that your baby is ok.
i agree thank you. I don’t know why I asked that here being so vague, sometimes I forget what thread I’m even in… it’s a wonder I’m keeping either of us alive

I don’t know why I asked that here being so vague, sometimes I forget what thread I’m even in… it’s a wonder I’m keeping either of us alive
It’s fine to ask any questions. With chameleons, sometimes all we ever get is small or vague signs and then it’s CRASH. They are masters of not only making us look for them for 20 minutes only to find they are inches from our nose, but hiding all signs that they aren’t doing well.

My bad on the vagueness… I hadn’t

i agree thank you. I don’t know why I asked that here being so vague, sometimes I forget what thread I’m even in… it’s a wonder I’m keeping either of us alive
You are doing great. I do the same thing, for me I always have in the back of my mind that these guys could literally die within hours with no warning at all that anything is wrong so when i see something...ANYTHING different from what I am used to it sends off alarm bells.

Back
Top Bottom