advice on misting chameleons.

Juancito

I have a question about misting. I don't own a mist king or anything like that. I have a hand mister well when I mist my jacksons chameleon he hates it. he turns dark and shows that he doesn't like the mist. my veiled doesn't mind it but sometimes he runs away from it. I was wondering do you guys mist your chams with hot or cold water? and also do you use tap water or do you add reptisafe to it?

I use a mist king.

But I also hand mist a few babies.

I use warm water when hand misting, but room temp water when the mistking is used.

I only use reptisafe in my mistking water reservoir.

I also, don't spray any of my chams directly, because they don't like it.

I use warm water to mist. My little fella doesn't like it much either but it needs to be done. I try not to mist him directly but he always seems to get wet. I hand mist as well and use a hand held pressurised garden sprayer. It gives more of a mist than a spray.

I use a mist king.

But I also hand mist a few babies.

I use warm water when hand misting, but room temp water when the mistking is used.

I only use reptisafe in my mistking water reservoir.

I also, don't spray any of my chams directly, because they don't like it.

I started using hot water by the time it comes out its cooled down but they hateeee it. is there any way I could get them use to it? I sprayed my veiled directly once and never did it again after I saw his anger lol

Don't spray them directly.

And basically, no.

They eventually get used to it, but some never truly enjoy it,

I dont spray my guyz directly either. Even warm water, they may hang for a bit to get sprayed, then leave.
It's best to have a mistking or rain maker, that way, they go it IT when they want.
They know were it is, and it doesnt move!!

They tend to like the simulated 'rain' much more then the mistking.

Esp, the montanes. :)

You should mist hem directly.

In a way.

You dont want to be very close to them, spraying directly into there face at point blank range, but rather, spray onto them, from an overhead position.

You can heat the water a bit, and use reptisafe, but the water will cool anyhow as it flies through the air. Warming it can prevent it from being ice cold though.

They generally dont like it at first, just keep misting, then they will start to put up with it, just keep misting, then they will start to drink, just keep misting. You can stop when you are sure they are done drinking. :)

If you arent using a pesticide-style pump-sprayer, go pick one up. ;)

My nosy be did not want anything to do with the hand mister before, but now i'll start at the opposite side of his cage and most of the time he comes running over to just sit in the mist. He also loves taking a shower(plant in shower with shower head pointing at wall, luke warm water bouncing onto plant) We also keep the dripper going for a good portion of the day.

I fill a hudson pump (kinda pump used for weed killers and stuff) with bath water as hot as it will go. When sprayed it makes a very big, fine, luke warm mist shower. My veiled loves it, I use it when he sheds and when hes in grump moods and he always turn around and gets all excited and haves himself a shower. I use it as a "treat" from time to time since I have a mist king.

Please dont burn your chams with very hot water if your bath water gets hotter than mine :)

Edit: to get him use to showers, just mist the entire cage for a while and SLLOOOWWLLY make your way to get a corner of the spray on him. If he runs, let it be. If he stays, just go back to misting random parts of the cage and try again.

Back
Top Bottom