Advice on getting Chameleon out of enclosure

JIFFYPOP

Avid Member
I've been trying to get Cletus (5 month male panther)out of his enclosure so I can transplant a couple of his plants into there permanent planters & hang a couple more in there. Problem is he doesn't want to come out. Had him out a few days ago, he just kept b-lining it up my arm and for my head, wasn't trying to bite, but I could tell he wasn't having it. So I just put him back. I have a 4' fake ficus I put next to his enclosure that I was gonna let him chill in, but he's fast and I'm afraid of taking my eye off of him. Only empty aquarium I have atm is a 10 gallon with a mesh top. I have some branches and fake plants in there. Would this be okay for him, or would this just stress him out? It be for a short period of time. Any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated! thanks everyone in advance

I've been trying to get Cletus (5 month male panther)out of his enclosure so I can transplant a couple of his plants into there permanent planters & hang a couple more in there. Problem is he doesn't want to come out. Had him out a few days ago, he just kept b-lining it up my arm and for my head, wasn't trying to bite, but I could tell he wasn't having it. So I just put him back. I have a 4' fake ficus I put next to his enclosure that I was gonna let him chill in, but he's fast and I'm afraid of taking my eye off of him. Only empty aquarium I have atm is a 10 gallon with a mesh top. I have some branches and fake plants in there. Would this be okay for him, or would this just stress him out? It be for a short period of time. Any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated! thanks everyone in advance
I'm currently trying to do this myself with Tye. I have the door wide open and I'm waiting ever so patiently. Thinking I might grab a silkworm to intice him more though. I got stuff to do today! Lol can't be waiting for these slow butt chameleons. I would honestly just put him in the tree and than put the tree somewhere where you can keep an eye on it. Your Cham won't climb to the ground, usually speaking, to get somewhere else unless that something else is wicked better than that tree.

I'm currently trying to do this myself with Tye. I have the door wide open and I'm waiting ever so patiently. Thinking I might grab a silkworm to intice him more though. I got stuff to do today! Lol can't be waiting for these slow butt chameleons. I would honestly just put him in the tree and than put the tree somewhere where you can keep an eye on it. Your Cham won't climb to the ground, usually speaking, to get somewhere else unless that something else is wicked better than that tree.
Lol , i hear ya , lil cute time vampires lol! Im'a give in another shot. I would have it next to the cage about level with his normal plants, should be okay? First time, I got him out after he ate his breakfast and drank, he explores then, so thought id try, he explored alright lol. Im gonna see if he like hes temp tree. Thanks for help eh!

I’m sure your all set by know but if not or for future a tall laundry basket works well up on a table either a screen one that you can put over a tree or the ones with holes you can add a few branches or even a shorter tree or hanging pot . Works well if you have an Escape that you don’t trust .

Back
Top Bottom