advice on cage

Hi Dragonbreeder! As much as I do agree with the 4 foot long cages, my first thought was, "Sure-when I move into a 6000 Sq.Ft. Mansion!" :) I do however elevate my cages so that they are 6 feet or more high. I do use the smaller screening and use lots of bamboo stakes (.52 at garden stores!) to keep the chams off of the screen. As for water, I do not drip. I have tried it, and if I had a cham that used it or loved it I would do it, but so far my Veileds do great with the misting. My Oustelat however gets misted far more. Depends on your type of cham as well as the individual.

i just been out and bought me 38 gallon flex.did u but the plastic tray for the bottom.i also just bought 100 w repti glo basking bulbs look quite gd.so slowly getting there just have to get some vines and plants and me therm/hygro.got me misting bottle.i take u have to buy the case for a repti sun uvb to go in lol alan

Hi Julirs.
I have to admit that another downside of the 4 foot cages is that they sure are space-killers! - And lack of space is one of the reasons I only have 1 reptile at this time....

Hey, BTW, I really like the idea of the bamboo stakes, can you post a picture so we can see how you have them set up?

Thanks,
Lou

Hi Dragonbreeder! As much as I do agree with the 4 foot long cages, my first thought was, "Sure-when I move into a 6000 Sq.Ft. Mansion!" :) I do however elevate my cages so that they are 6 feet or more high. I do use the smaller screening and use lots of bamboo stakes (.52 at garden stores!) to keep the chams off of the screen. As for water, I do not drip. I have tried it, and if I had a cham that used it or loved it I would do it, but so far my Veileds do great with the misting. My Oustelat however gets misted far more. Depends on your type of cham as well as the individual.

100W is pretty strong, but with Reptariums you will have to mount the lamp on something and you can move it as far away as you need to to get the temps right. In my picture you can see the clamp lamps mounted on pole lights. I am using 18" UVB lamps and I found an undercounter fixture at Walmart for $7.00. Just make sure that you take the plastic lens off since UVB cannot go through plastic or glass.

will i only need one 100 watt do u think? yeah ws gonna get a repti glo 10.0 uvb bt cudnt see cases wsnt happy lol cnt wait to get it all now:)

Julirs, I couldn't tell in your picture, what you are using for your cage flooring. How do you have the underneath of the cage set up?

I have the soft trays that go with the Reptariums. I do have to "papertowel" up the extra water-but they are really easy to keep clean.

nice. how old is ur veiled now? am gonna build the cage for my yemen looking foward to doing it act. alan

Back
Top Bottom