Advice about shedding

ChamAndy

Hi
Had 3 Kenyan Pygmy chams delivered to the place I work. All in good health, active and seen eating within a day of arriving. Looks like a trio of 1m and 2f.

On one of the females, there is a small white patch on one of her horns. It looks sort of shiny though? Could this be old shed and hows best to deal with it?

They are in an Exo terra with eco substrate, lots of twigs and foliage. Ambient temps around 73f and humidity of around 80-85%.

Thanks

Hi
Had 3 Kenyan Pygmy chams delivered to the place I work. All in good health, active and seen eating within a day of arriving. Looks like a trio of 1m and 2f.

On one of the females, there is a small white patch on one of her horns. It looks sort of shiny though? Could this be old shed and hows best to deal with it?

They are in an Exo terra with eco substrate, lots of twigs and foliage. Ambient temps around 73f and humidity of around 80-85%.

Thanks

I would imagine that when it's her next time to shed just keep her well misted and it should come off with the new shed.
If not, maybe get some shedding agent.

I'm no expert on shedding but that's what I would do.

Hi Andy I must congratulate you on your new chams Kerstenii I so hard to find I have one lonely male would love a female for him. Are you 100% they are as they can look similar to Brevs would love to see pics. Its really tricky to remove old shed from pygmys being so small ive had some sucsess using T Rex Bio Mist its a shedding agent good for hydrating them too. All the best with them Heatherxxx

Back
Top Bottom