Adult panther sleeping on screen?

werecat

Established Member
So, I changed my adult panther's enclosure slightly when cleaning today. I moved some ficus branches that were encroaching on his path and making him slip a lot. I also added a lower branch. Anyhow, when I put him back in about 30 min before his lights out he noticed the changes. He then proceeded to climb up the front door screen and has fallen asleep there. Is this ok? Will he fall off in the middle of his sweet chameleon dreams? He is a full sized adult so that's the only reason I'm concerned. Anyone else's adult chameleon sleep on the screen?

He's fine, he wouldn't sleep some where he didn't want to. Mine sleeps in weird places all the time. If you look at the sleeping picture threads you will probably see a bunch of pictures like that

Yea mine sometime sleep upside down on the top screen, makes me nervous every time but never seems to bother them.

When I first got my chameleon he did the same thing. He then found a spot he liked near the fromt but engulfed in a little leaf cage :3 I moved his cage around a bit and Enzo changed his sleeping spot. Chameleons will slip sometimes during sleep, but thats normal. Your Cham will find a new spot, I think maybe he was just tired and wanted to go to sleep right there xD

My adult female Jackson always sleeps on the door of the cage and my male sometimes sleeps upside down so I say it is fine.

Oh, ok. I figured I was over-reacting, but it just seems so precarious! He normally has a special vine that he sleeps on, but he's all discombobulated because I changed things I guess.

Oh, ok. I figured I was over-reacting, but it just seems so precarious! He normally has a special vine that he sleeps on, but he's all discombobulated because I changed things I guess.

My veiled rebel will sleep hanging on the side of his cage every time I move things around while cleaning. Its almost like he is upset and throwing a fit because he knows changes in his habits make me nervous. lol :cool:

Back
Top Bottom