Votes: 27 33.8%
  • 21-23"

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • 24"+

Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters
lol veiled envy.

Dan put down the cham pump.

I always thought the 24 inch mark was pretty damn rare.

Last edited:
Interesting, most books I've read give adult lengths in snout to tail, not snout to vent. Everyone does things different though, so no harm no foul, just some wasted space...

LOl, this thread is somewhat amusing.
Firstly measuring a lizard should always be done snout to vent (s-v) , tails vary, and prehensile tails are often gripping something.
Secondly, 'Adult' dosent equate to full grown, though initial growth occurs before maturity, it dosent stop, merely slows considerably.
How can comparison be made then?, not to mention that size at or around maturity will depend largely on varying care/feeding/husbandry before hand. Genetic information will play some part also.

I have no idea how long homer is, I've never bothered to measure, Im more concerned with weight/general condition. Even the average size of a wild speciman is no indicator for a captive.

Note: Pumping your lizard to acheive maximum growth is NOT good. Pumping any reptile to increase growth rate is not good.

I could not agree more with you bro.
well said.

Harry

i agree also.. i also agree with measuring from snout to vent.. for many reasons. They hardly hold their tails straight and usually not long enough for you to measure, that is if you think about doing it at the time. I wouldnt want someone uncurling my tail..sounds painfull not to mention stressfull.

I have a friend with a MONSTER male veiled. Not sure on his length but he's gotta be 24" plus! I'll see if he wouldn't mind me taking pics. It's one of his favorites for good reason, he's got amazing color! He is a FL W.C. you wouldn't know looking at him, he's flawless!

John

Back
Top Bottom