Adult Jackson Chameleon Feeding??

When I adopted Enchilada from the pet store they told me he could be anywhere between 6-9 months old, since he was so small when I got him I just assumed he was about 7 months, I’ve probably had him for 3 months in total, but I’m starting to think he is a little over a year old. I was wondering exactly how often and what kind of bugs I should start feeding him, right now he gets around 3-4 bugs a day that consist of crickets, super worms, silk worms, and wax worms (which is probably too much at this point), and he gets calcium WITHOUT D3 twice a week, calcium WITH D3 once a month as well as a multivitamin once a month.
2270C6FD-BCBB-4A4E-A2C0-F0F3DD8BFE03.jpeg
9E88E516-3B5E-4D29-856A-6BDB7CF6F5B2.jpeg

About how long is he snout to vent? I have a male I got from petco a month ago today and they had no info on him at all. I asked here how old anyone thought he was and the answer I got was anywhere from 8 months to a year. Mine was only about 4 inches long snout to vent which the person here thought was small for his age. I think he’s grown a little but not sure. Yours looks around the same size as mine I think. Your guy is beautiful!

Last edited:
I started feeding my guy every other day because he skipped two days and wouldn’t eat so I thought I was over feeding him. I do dust everything he gets lightly with calcium no D3 then reptivite with D3 once a month. I probably give him 4-5 insects a day. Remember wax worms are all fat so he should only get them once in a while like a treat.

About how long is he snout to vent? I have a male I got from petco a month ago today and they had no info on him at all. I asked here how old anyone thought he was and the answer I got was anywhere from 8 months to a year. Mine was only about 4 inches long snout to vent which the person here thought was small for his age. I think he’s grown a little but not sure. Yours looks around the same size as mine I think. Your guy is beautiful!
I want to say about 6 inches not including his tail! A lot of people advised me that Jackson’s specifically should only have dusted insects 2-3 times a week, so I do every other day or so. I’ve been trying to find Dubia roaches everywhere! And I have a hard time keeping crickets alive. I think im going to offer around 4 bugs every other day and see how he goes from there, he loves to eat and he isn’t picky.

Sounds good. There’s a lot of places to get Dubia roaches online. Rainbow mealworms.com, dubia roaches.com to name a couple. I have a hard time keeping crickets alive to but if I remove dead ones daily and keep feeding them fresh greens, carrots, and apples I can keep them alive longer. I have plenty of pet stores around me that sell crickets so I only buy what my guy can eat in a week and I wash the critter keeper before I get a new batch. i also keep in mind that I rotate my guys feeders between crickets, roaches, and black soldier fly larvae so I don’t need as many crickets. The last time I bought roaches was about two weeks ago or more and I only bought I think twenty of them and the ones I have left are still alive and running around in their container. I just feed them the same as the crickets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom