adult cage switch?

adnamalynn

Im not positive on when I can move my veiled to his adult cage, I have a 175 gallon reptatium that will be his permanent home but for now he's in a 30" tall, 36" long 18" wide reptibreeze and hes about four months old. Can anyone tell me when i can make the switch or how much longer he can stay in his current cage?

Whenever, I don't think there's an exact age or size. I also don't believe that they're too small for it, I moved my last panther into a huge cage at about 4 months old.

i instantly free range mine at 3 months or so ( im there24\7 to keep close watch) so i figure the bigger the better, just takes more time to spot the lil hidden ninjas when going to mist, feed or clean..

yup i agree with everyone so far,i just recently(last week) moved my 4 mnth old male veiled to a hundred gallon exo-terra vivarium and he was at first like "OMG im terrified" then he started to roam around a little,now he is all over the place and seems to be lovin it! he wouldnt eat for two days after placing him in his new "big boy home" but now his appetite is returning slowly but steadily:) so i say..giver! and why not,they dont stay in one tiny area when they are little in the wild so let his little feet travel..just watch and make sure he can easily see his food and is hydrating himself,if he doesnt seem to be able to find his food then try cup feeding for awhile..but crix usually climb to a heat or light source up top of enclosures so your cham should be able to spot them no prob,as long as he has lots of vines to access them no worries,give him plenty of plants to hide in too :) have a great day..

Thanks all for yhe quick response! Currently he drinks from being misted about five times a day or from a dripper I run for the majority of the day, I tried the cup feeding but he wasn't interested so I just let all the crickets loose onto one side of the screen and they all go towards the light like you said. So i'll be starting to set up the new cage and hopefully get it done within the week, so excited for him to movee :)

ya my youngest cham hates the cup thing so i let my crix run up the side of the cage too,it works:) just wait and see how much fun you have "locating " your cham in his big house lmao!! i start at the top and go from side to side down until i spot him,he is usually right in fornt of my face staring at me lol..probly thinks im an idiot:rolleyes: there is so much more you can do with a big enclosure:) i place my BIG pothos on an upside down plant pot so it is up high off the floor of the home and i have the vines stretching up in all directions and wrapping around the supports on the home,i have a few vines that reach the bottom too,i have a jasmine plant in there too,it smells great! i have store bought vines of various sizes in diameter running to all 4 corners and spiraling down towards the bottom,it looks so nice in there and my chams have alot of hiding places in the middle of the pothos plant..i find the leaves of this particular plant hold alot of water and aid in the overall humidity throughout the day..be sure to post some pics for us when you get it all set up..i have yet to do this:eek: maybe today i will get to it,so much to do,so little time lol..have fun with your creation of the "ultimate "cham home:D

Ha idk what it is but they seem to love hunting the bugs down, they'll even eat worms and such from my hand but no cup lol. And I will for sure get pics up of them all once they get their upgrades (once the veiled moves my senegal is getting his old cage) and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to see the veiled again after he moves because i already have to search for him now. But now its just figuring out where this huge cage is going to go my reptile room and bedroom already are bursting at the seems with enclosures.

Back
Top Bottom