Adopted a veiled, asking for advice please.

Hello, so I have two chameleons. One is a tamatave panther, and another is a veiled named Rufio. My panther chameleon is very friendly and comes out of his cage almost every day. I adopted Rufio, my one year old veiled about a week ago. He seems very terrified of me, and hides whenever I come into the room. Unfortunately he won’t hand feed, But he is eating well. I’ve tried sitting next to his cage with the door open so that he will get used to my presence. What can I do to help him break out of his mindset of fear? Does anyone have any advice?

Hello, so I have two chameleons. One is a tamatave panther, and another is a veiled named Rufio. My panther chameleon is very friendly and comes out of his cage almost every day. I adopted Rufio, my one year old veiled about a week ago. He seems very terrified of me, and hides whenever I come into the room. Unfortunately he won’t hand feed, But he is eating well. I’ve tried sitting next to his cage with the door open so that he will get used to my presence. What can I do to help him break out of his mindset of fear? Does anyone have any advice?
Probably give him a few weeks to get used to his new home before worrying about his fear.

Yeah it’s goimg to take a lot longer than a week. I’d give them time to adjust before trying to interact with them. And then be veryyyyyy patient. It took me 5 months before my cham got okay being around me.

Agree with Gingero, took mine about 8 months and he still gives me a hard time. Some may never be what you might call friendly
But just go slow and proceed at thier pace and not yours. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom