Addicted to plants ever since...

Well, ever since Gizmo came into my life I have been constantly aware of plants. Safe plants, nice looking plants, dangerous plants, spunky plants, hanging plants, vines, trees, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.
So yesterday I saw an ad in the flyer at Home Depot, 3 well-started plants for $10. Yep, that's what I did today.
Picked up a Schefflera, Dracaena and a Ficus. I already have two Golden Pothos and a Marble Queen Pothos going on for his free-range. I'm running out of closet space. Looks like I'm going to have a fun Sunday reworking everything into his free-range.

IMG_1684_zps0bdd5747.jpg

I don't know how much 10$ is in real money but it sounds like you got yourself a bargain there, nice work :)
I could do with a deal like that as I do seem to have to replace plants more often than I'd like...........

I don't know how much 10$ is in real money but it sounds like you got yourself a bargain there, nice work :)
I could do with a deal like that as I do seem to have to replace plants more often than I'd like...........
At the plant store down the road, each of these plants would have gone for $12 each. Hope that gives an idea of how much money I saved!
I plan on hooking up a 48" fixture to the top of my closet and running grow lights inside and then having a 36" fixture for UVB. Gotta let these puppies grow for another month or two first though.

You got these plants from home depot?? I am going there tomorrow because I need plants too! At least 2 for now. Which do you suggest though? I heard ficus are good.

You got these plants from home depot?? I am going there tomorrow because I need plants too! At least 2 for now. Which do you suggest though? I heard ficus are good.
Yep but I live in Canada so it may be different =S
Pothos, Ficus, Schefflera and Dracaena are good safe plants!

Yep but I live in Canada so it may be different =S
Pothos, Ficus, Schefflera and Dracaena are good safe plants!

Still I was going to go buy plants tomorrow but I will give home depot a try. Thank you! They're real plants right?

Do you have a lowes in your area? They also have some good deals going on, I just got 12 African Violets for $30.00 bucks. Put them in bottom of cages and it helped humidity jump up(plus was my wife thinks they are pretty) got to keep the little woman happy:D

Do you have a lowes in your area? They also have some good deals going on, I just got 12 African Violets for $30.00 bucks. Put them in bottom of cages and it helped humidity jump up(plus was my wife thinks they are pretty) got to keep the little woman happy:D

Yes I do have a lowes. I'll check it out too tomorrow. I just need some plants for my change and a good one that my chameleon will enjoy

Yes those are real.
The plants I listed are the ones you want to go for. They are non-toxic if your veiled decides to chow down on some leaves. I would go with the pothos to start. They are easy to keep alive. Once you have a general grasp at how to keep plants alive then you can start introducing the ficus, schefflera and dracaena.

Yes those are real.
The plants I listed are the ones you want to go for. They are non-toxic if your veiled decides to chow down on some leaves. I would go with the pothos to start. They are easy to keep alive. Once you have a general grasp at how to keep plants alive then you can start introducing the ficus, schefflera and dracaena.

Ok great! Ill probably get myself 2 pothos or maybe 1 pothos and 1 ficus tomorrow

Yes those are real.

Ever since i got into reptiles i have been looking at plants anywhere i can. For some weird reason i cant keep a pothos alive, but a ficus i can keep alive.:confused:

i picked up a "camellia japonica" last week,
i am gonna go back to see if homer has any left!!

maybe another hibiscus too! :cool:

In the US Home Depots and Lowes, 1.5-2 gallon 3 to 4 foot high suitable cham plants are $9-$10 dollars each. No growing, put 'em in!:D

Nick Barta

guqyryhy.jpg

Found this pothos at the grocery store today for 12.99. The longest vine is +/- 4 feet long. Found one last year with 6ft vines. ;)

guqyryhy.jpg

Found this pothos at the grocery store today for 12.99. The longest vine is +/- 4 feet long. Found one last year with 6ft vines. ;)
That be one big pothos. I bought one just a month or two ago at 3ft and now it's vines are almost at 5ft. They grow like weeds!

Back
Top Bottom