Accidentally Ate Some Bran

icegecko

Established Member
Hello everyone, it's been a few.

Mugetsu (my blue/red/purple Ambanja Panther) is doing great and will be 4 years old end of June. The issue is that this morning, as I was opening the butterworm container next to the cham enclosure, Mugi (Mugetsu) shot at a clump of butterworm bran bedding. I had no time to react. In all my time of having him, I've never had an issue. This is the first time I opened a butterworm container this close to the enclosure with the door open - I was careless. I'm concerned - he swallowed the clump.

Environmental conditions are optimal, so I'm going to stop feeding for a week to see what happens. The bran is pretty much ground-up and held together by butterworm fibers...hopefully this will be easily digested. I believe the size of the clump was a little bigger than the size of an adult human thumbnail.

Any advice? Thank you.

Hello everyone, it's been a few.

Mugetsu (my blue/red/purple Ambanja Panther) is doing great and will be 4 years old end of June. The issue is that this morning, as I was opening the butterworm container next to the cham enclosure, Mugi (Mugetsu) shot at a clump of butterworm bran bedding. I had no time to react. In all my time of having him, I've never had an issue. This is the first time I opened a butterworm container this close to the enclosure with the door open - I was careless. I'm concerned - he swallowed the clump.

Environmental conditions are optimal, so I'm going to stop feeding for a week to see what happens. The bran is pretty much ground-up and held together by butterworm fibers...hopefully this will be easily digested. I believe the size of the clump was a little bigger than the size of an adult human thumbnail.

Any advice? Thank you.

I think I'd up his hydration to make sure that stuff can move through his system as easily as possible. I don't know if I'd stop feeding entirely, as this might slow everything down. Maybe only give him small meals of soft bodied insects until you see he's passed the bran?

He pooped A LOT today, much more than usual. I'll keep an eye out for any irregularities, but I do believe he's passed the bran :)

I would say he should have pooped more. It was BRAN he ate. The problem took careof itself, huh? Just feed a little smaller food or maybe even silkworms or hornedworms that are smaller. Those being mostly water should make for easy digestion. I predict all will be well. Just bad case of diahrea. That's A LOT of fiber for such a little creature.

Back
Top Bottom