A work in progress

Frigga

Established Member
My girl, Hela, has officially moved into her new enclosure today.
I know it still needs some work, but mind you, she came to me unexpectedly and has been living in a temporary cage until I was able to get a new one set up.
I have some more branches for her and her very own hibiscus that will be ready to go in tomorrow. I have a second flower pot ready to go for her lay bin, and a bag of play sand for it.
Might move some vines around once the hibiscus is in, but it makes me so happy to give her so much room to climb and hide :love:
Next step is getting an auto misting system hooked up for her.
20180803_193227.jpg
20180803_193519.jpg

She looks happy, you seem to already know, get some chameleon safe plants in there and add some more fakes to the front for privacy, I’d also get some various size perches (sticks) from the yard/Park...they’re all the same size now, variation is better and more natural...good luck, pretty girl there, research egg laying, females lay eggs whether mated or not you’ll need a laying bin, search laying bins in the search bar, good luck, :)

She looks happy, you seem to already know, get some chameleon safe plants in there and add some more fakes to the front for privacy, I’d also get some various size perches (sticks) from the yard/Park...they’re all the same size now, variation is better and more natural...good luck, pretty girl there, research egg laying, females lay eggs whether mated or not you’ll need a laying bin, search laying bins in the search bar, good luck, :)

Yes, her hibiscus plant and branches are going in today, I wanted to wash the hibiscus thoroughly since it came from home depot and repot it. I had my son gather branches last week from the yard, but I want to add them same time as the hibiscus so I know how they'll fit. I think I'm going to move some of the existing fakes around to provide more hiding spots, plus I've already ordered a few more fake pants to add, they'll probably be here Monday (y)
I have done tons of reading on egg laying and lay bins, and have asked for advice here on what other folks used. I'm going with a medium flower pot and play sand. I have it ready to go when once she's at the age and starts showing signs, I'm even working on fashioning up a little curtain to fit around the bottom of her enclosure to extra privacy lol
I thought I stressed a lot over my male, this little girl add a whole other level of stress to my life, but I love it, making a happy home for her makes me happy :love:

It’s almost a good stress, right!? :)

Also nice you can get your family involved. My boyfriend was SO against the idea at first of taking our Cham in, but now he’s in love :love:

I love it...yeah it’s like having a baby lol...but you can’t help but enjoy it ...sounds great, she’ll be a happy little lady (y)

It’s almost a good stress, right!? :)

Also nice you can get your family involved. My boyfriend was SO against the idea at first of taking our Cham in, but now he’s in love :love:

When I told my husband I was taking Hela in (she was already on her way to our house) he just rolled his eyes and said "ANOTHER lizard" :ROFLMAO: he gives me a lot of grief, but in joking way, he knows how happy they make me.
It took him awhile to come around, but he totally loves my first chameleon, Loki. So much so that he likes to tell me Loki loves him more then me (annoyingly, its true).
Today he actually told me I'm not allowed to have anymore lizards for awhile (I have 5 including my 2 chameleons), but I'm still thinking about a panther chameleon :ROFLMAO:

Just finished making some additions to Hela's enclosure! Much to my excitement I found a little ficus at Lowes last night that was just perfect for the front of her cage :love:

Attachments

• 20180805_113455.jpg
    20180805_113455.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom