A week on

Psychodrake

Hey everyone,

This is Panzer a week after buying him. He was a bit strange yesterday, he didn't eat much and hid low down in his hibiscus for a while. I think it's because I introduced him to some small locusts, he ate two then went off his food for the day. He's eaten about 7-8 crickets today so far (I offered 10, all lightly dusted with Nutrabol) and I found a fresh crap which looked healthy (The urate was white at one end and brown where the poop was on top of it). I'm cutting down on his misting as the shower curtain idea that was brought up in my previous post has made the vivarium humidity unbelievably easier to maintain, to a point where I'm afraid of over-hydrating him.

He's a rascal. Sometimes he'll puff up when I'm there, but then he'll quickly calm down. Example was while I was taking photos. He puffed up for a minute then calmed down and munched a cricket infront of me. Pretty much captured the entire process. His colors are coming through too! He has a nice patch of bright orange and green on his face and sometimes I can see orange on his body.

Also a note, he looks healthy to me, but if anyone with a keen eye can spot anything wrong then tell me please. I noticed a small swell on one side of his neck earlier after feeding which I found strange, as it is usually a sign of edema but when I say I lightly dusted the crickets, I mean LIIIGHTLY, you could barely see the powder on them! It seems to have gone now. This is his 2nd nutrabol since I got him (Last was Thursday) and I was told by the shop owner to do it twice a week. I'm probably overthinking it as I do with a lot of things!

Anyway, enjoy some pictures of the little cutey.

sdc10354u.jpg

sdc10355p.jpg

img0069ke.jpg

img0071ha.jpg

Where did the cricket go?

What a sweet baby you have. Nice pictures also. I seems you are doing everything right. You might over hydrate the viv but you won't over hydrate the little person.

He looks like a she to me, but I can't quite make out the base of the tail

I've got some pictures for you! He definitely has a bulge, I think in terms of his colors, when the shop owner took him outside for a tick while sexing him (He was in with a young female, they just got them in and we reserved the male) he became quite vibrant (Lightish gray) with really dark stripes, but is a little less so when inside. When I took him out while my father drilled a hole for the thermometer, he also became quite vibrant, shame I have no photos :( I think he's 3 months old though, still very small. I was told his colors will come in soon but not exactly when. If it is a female, well I paid a bit more than I should have! Males are quite a bit more expensive here.

Sorry for the bad focus.

img0077vu.jpg

img0075p.jpg

EDIT: He may be 2 months old. I'll need to check up with the shop owner again.

Some outside photos

panther.jpg

panther2.jpg

Its a shame the picture quality doesn't bring out the oranges too well. S/he has a good amount of orange setting in on the back and tail. Some green is visible.

Hopefully s/he is a male as I won't have the time or resources to care for a female next year.

Looks a lot like my little guy and he's 3 1/2 months.

I was too mesmerized by the chameleon, must have overheard the shop owner telling me the age. He's definitely 3 months, maybe a little younger/older.

Yes, his "manhood" is now here for the world to see :p They're unbelievably cute at this age. He climbed right out and had 5 minutes on my hand in the sunlight which was unusually fantastic today in England (22C) with little cool breeze. He's had a bit too much handling this week I feel but it was necessary! Time to give him some space until his next misting.

I'd say he's more than 3 months bc I feel like I'm looking at my chameleon in the future. I mean, my guy has tiny hints of green in the exact same spot on the face and I can see orange on his neck when he puffs up. I will be interesting to see how they both turn out so keep posting!

I'll get some pictures next week sometime! Today is going to be a big cage cleanout, getting the substrate out and replacing it with tissue for easier cleaning and getting some of the fake plants out at the bottom.

I've noticed the orange on his neck when he puffs up. It's quite striking, he's also got quite an orange tail but it's only visible in the sunlight currently.

Back
Top Bottom