a terrible accident

ollygatorsnapper

yesterday i had a bad accident. i have been sitting my cages outside for two years for Chamie and Leon, i live in the midwest so wind can pick up abit. i sat them side by side on the north one on the south, since the wind was coming from the south the cages kind of support each other. i had went inside to use the phone, left a voicemail to my girlfriend, and came back outside to notice that my male Leon's cage had blown over. i looked to see if i could see him in the cage 1st before i picked it up, but couldnt see him. when i had set it back up, there he was on the outside of his cage with his veil stuck in the wire mesh. this tells me that he was on the outside of his cage at the time the cage blew over. i dont know how he did it but the door had to be open for him to get out. anyways part of the wood on the 6ft cage had caught Leon on the right side of his face, doing bad damage to his face, and no where else. his eye looks like he wont be able to use it. his equalibrium seemed off when tryin to walk or climb which makes me think that he had swelling in the brain, but he did seem to try to be his normal self, his colors seemed to turn normal after a bit. i took him to the vet rite away and said he had a broken jaw and wouldnt say much else. he asked me if he could take him in for a couple days, so today, ive heard that they giving him water and baby food. i havent heard anything else yet.

i feel terrible, and just wondering if anybody had any positive feedback on something like this

wow.... I am shocked and I guess we all learn, dont leave your 20 lbs cages out on a windy day.... I am sorry to hear that! I hope he recovers!

I hope he is ok! Hopefully he is a super tough chameleon and will get better soon and make a wonderful recovery. Let us know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom