A Sudden Fright

Herocleasin

I was putting Archie, my chameleon, back in his cage, and while he was crawling back, my huge glass door fell from his cage. Sure enough, it slammed on the ground and made a huge noise. Fortunately, the door is fine, other than being unhinged, but I fear however, that Archie is not. After the door fell I had to lure him with a cricket back into his cage, and every time I even so much as moved a millimeter he would make like a leaf, a move around, as if he were trying to ward off a predator. Is this a sign of scarring mistrust? I am aware that chameleon do not "love" their owner, but I do know that they trust their owner. Will Archie ever be able trust me the same again? Was that moment bad for Archie's stress?

I was putting Archie, my chameleon, back in his cage, and while he was crawling back, my huge glass door fell from his cage. Sure enough, it slammed on the ground and made a huge noise. Fortunately, the door is fine, other than being unhinged, but I fear however, that Archie is not. After the door fell I had to lure him with a cricket back into his cage, and every time I even so much as moved a millimeter he would make like a leaf, a move around, as if he were trying to ward off a predator. Is this a sign of scarring mistrust? I am aware that chameleon do not "love" their owner, but I do know that they trust their owner. Will Archie ever be able trust me the same again? Was that moment bad for Archie's stress?
As long as it’s not a constant stress you should be fine. Stress once in a while shouldn’t be a problem. Trust on the other hand might take a minute to get back, just be patient show him it’s ok and of course make sure the door can’t fall again haha you don’t want him afraid of his cage itself that might cause constant stress. But as long as it’s not a constant thing he should come around.

Back
Top Bottom