A Possible New Chameleon

CJ's Exotics

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello everybody. I have a Panther Chameleon in the incubator, and when it hatches, I think I will sell it so I don't just have Panthers. I need to plan early (As with all reptiles) and I would like some recommendations. I would like some opinions based on experience from keepers who have worked with this species for some time. Here is what I am thinking:

Carpet Chameleon
Jeweled Chameleon
Veiled Chameleon
Mt. Meru, or Mt. Kenyan Jackson's Chameleon
Some sort of Pygmy Chameleon

I am an experienced keeper with reptiles, so I know what I am doing, and I do know some of the listed are for more experienced keepers. Thank you!

I'd go for he Mt. Kenyan Jacksons. There are a few people here on the forums working with them. I plan to join those rank soon as well. As long as they continue to do yearly imports for a while, we will have a good shot at getting enough genetic material to get them well establshed here.

I'd go for he Mt. Kenyan Jacksons. There are a few people here on the forums working with them. I plan to join those rank soon as well. As long as they continue to do yearly imports for a while, we will have a good shot at getting enough genetic material to get them well establshed here.
Thank You! I personally love the Mt. Kenyan's and they are at the top of my list. My only concern was wild caught because it is easier to have a captive bred when some wild caughts have so many health problems.

Cool, they look cool with the spines, I'll add that to my list.
Its not just the spines....they also have an interesting skin texture that almost looks like rows of beads (hence the name "warty"). They may look fairly dull when relaxed, but when they are fired up they can be gorgeous! Amazing patterns of turquoise, green, and bright white.

When I buy one it would be in 2018 when my Panther hatches and when I raise it up to appropriate size and selling age.

Also, does anyone have experience with T. hoenelli? They look very interesting, and I'm also thinking about them. @bobcochran, I see that you work with them, any advice?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom