A Nightmare Realized

When you have rats/mice falling from your ceiling and taking over your home being “nice” to the rat/mice isn’t what’s going throw anyone’s head. It’s more like “ how do I get these pest out my house and protect my family”.
There's a big difference between trapping an animal and killing it quickly and humanely, as opposed to letting it suffer. Like if you use a glue trap for example, the animal is already caught: you put it out of its misery so it doesn't suffer. You don't just leave it there to slowly die. That is quite separate from what you're talking about, considering the deed of trapping the critter has already been done. It's more "okay I've trapped the animal, it's still alive... now what". That's the part I'm discussing here, not the necessity to trap/control these animals. Doesn't really have anything to do with being "nice", as you're going to kill the animal. It's respecting the fact that it's still a living creature, a mammal... so if it needs to be killed it should be done quickly, not tortured.

My point at the end of the day is that no animal deserves to die via dehydration/starvation as it bites its limbs off out of stress, or practically skins itself alive... whether there's one or 5000...

Last edited:
It was a joke, laid on pretty thickly. I would never allow any animal to suffer.

You made an acct just for this?
It wasn't a funny one and in poor taste. Like laughing about cancer, really.

Nah not really but this thread was a very interesting read, considering stuff like that doesn't happen everyday.

It wasn't a funny one and in poor taste. Like laughing about cancer, really.

Nah not really but this thread was a very interesting read, considering stuff like that doesn't happen everyday.

You do realize that laughing about cancer is how a majority of cancer patients cope with cancer? Lots of people laugh about cancer, Tradgey + Time = Comedy as the saying goes.

That doesn't mean everyone everywhere will agree with every joke. They won't, but that's the secret to comedy, pushing people outside of their comfort zones, and to lighten real issues to make them easier to swallow.

People these days are way to quick to let anything offend them, and it's causing real issues for comedians and comedy as a whole. If no one is offended it wasn't a very good joke. Not saying that's applicable to this case, just a statement in regards to your response.

Not trying to egg anything on and get this thread shut down but, laughing at your problems and mistakes makes them easier to face and they seem less scary, I know this is what I use, but @Sammy Grigio Good luck with the mice, I hope everything goes well!

My point at the end of the day is that no animal deserves to die via dehydration/starvation as it bites its limbs off out of stress, or practically skins itself alive... whether there's one or 5000...
Yes they do if they have taken over my home and tormenting me. Have you ever lived in a house with such a bad rat problem that they are in fact falling from the ceiling? If not I don’t care what you have to say about these “poor” animals they carry diseases. I would say burn they house down and heat the little monsters scream in pain while I enjoy a glass of wine :cool:

Yes they do if they have taken over my home and tormenting me. Have you ever lived in a house with such a bad rat problem that they are in fact falling from the ceiling? If not I don’t care what you have to say about these “poor” animals they carry diseases. I would say burn they house down and heat the little monsters scream in pain while I enjoy a glass of wine :cool:
No they don't. Once you capture an animal, you can dispatch it painlessly. That you'd admit you'd want to torture an animal after capturing it is absolutely sickening.

I've lived on a farm with mouse plagues and never had to torture them, or hear their screams, etc.

Animals can't help what they are, they have no malicious intent to you, etc. You've absolutely no right to torture another living being. So to enjoy an animal's screams of pain, that's called sadism... that makes YOU the monster, not them.

You do realize that laughing about cancer is how a majority of cancer patients cope with cancer? Lots of people laugh about cancer, Tradgey + Time = Comedy as the saying goes.

That doesn't mean everyone everywhere will agree with every joke. They won't, but that's the secret to comedy, pushing people outside of their comfort zones, and to lighten real issues to make them easier to swallow.

People these days are way to quick to let anything offend them, and it's causing real issues for comedians and comedy as a whole. If no one is offended it wasn't a very good joke. Not saying that's applicable to this case, just a statement in regards to your response.
And I admire that, if it helps them cope, then have at it.

Though people on the outside, laughing about it? Tell you what, if I was suffering from cancer, I wouldn't like it if strangers joked about it. Sure most people wouldn't either.

And I admire that, if it helps them cope, then have at it.

Though people on the outside, laughing about it? Tell you what, if I was suffering from cancer, I wouldn't like it if strangers joked about it. Sure most people wouldn't either.

You should watch George Carlins "Doing it Again" and let me know what you think. That special was a legend, it had extreme viewership, and sold millions of copies. He jokes about his cancer, and many other "You shouldnt joke about that" topics, even stated he was doing so, because he was tired of being told, you shouldn't joke about that, its not funny.

Quick Question...Can mouses even scream?:unsure:
Having witnessed a couple of distressed mice on a glue trap before, absolutely.

You should watch George Carlins "Doing it Again" and let me know what you think. That special was a legend, it had extreme viewership, and sold millions of copies. He jokes about his cancer, and many other "You shouldnt joke about that" topics, even stated he was doing so, because he was tired of being told, you shouldn't joke about that, its not funny.
Actually seen some of his work and it's quite good.

Only problem on the internet is that sometimes you don't know whether people are joking or being sarcastic. Like someone saying an animal "deserves" being tortured.

Back
Top Bottom