A Nightmare Realized

also not trying to egg anything on either, but at the point of an infestation to that scale, i wouldnt care how that animal dies either, i mean if i can dispatch it humanely i will but i think that at this point its a matter of the safety of your family whether it be a spouse or kids or both and whoever may be living with you... again not taking sides but everyone try and understand everyone here and get along a little, this thread is a thread on the OP's experience... we dont want to hijack it.

@Sammy Grigio i hope everything is going as well as it can go, me and mine will keep yours in our thoughts!

also not trying to egg anything on either, but at the point of an infestation to that scale, i wouldnt care how that animal dies either, i mean if i can dispatch it humanely i will but i think that at this point its a matter of the safety of your family whether it be a spouse or kids or both and whoever may be living with you... again not taking sides but everyone try and understand everyone here and get along a little, this thread is a thread on the OP's experience... we dont want to hijack it.

@Sammy Grigio i hope everything is going as well as it can go, me and mine will keep yours in our thoughts!
Perfectly understandable when attempting to catch the animal.

But once you've caught it? If someone decides to torture it, rather than dispatch it humanely, at that point it has nothing to do with "the safety" of your family.

I mean, a wolf can be dangerous to my family. I will catch it and dispatch it with a bullet. I'm not going to start poking it with a knife and torment it.

This is exactly why I was pretty critical of JoXie's comment. If you need to dispatch/kill an animal, fine. But there's no reason to torture it. Jesus F Christ.

@BobsterO you make a good point about humane treatment of animals even pests. I assure you despite the venom being displayed it truly is tongue in cheek as the folks I know on this thread care deeply for animals and give vast amounts of their time to see that animals have good lives even animals they will never meet. Some here have had their children threatened by vermin and are venting their spleen so to speak. I'm going to take a beating for putting words in peoples mouths but I know their hearts fairly well.

@BobsterO you make a good point about humane treatment of animals even pests. I assure you despite the venom being displayed it truly is tongue in cheek as the folks I know on this thread care deeply for animals and give vast amounts of their time to see that animals have good lives even animals they will never meet. Some here have had their children threatened by vermin and are venting their spleen so to speak. I'm going to take a beating for putting words in peoples mouths but I know their herts fairly well.
Tongue in cheek hey? I dunno... I've seen plenty of messed up things people do, even if they love their own pets. I used to work for the RSPCA... I was actually a case reviewer. Seen a lot of messed up things. But I quit that years ago because it got to me. If this person actually admits they were kidding, all good. But forgive my pessimism as I've seen plenty of cases where people are not joking... which is why I might have sounded a little... well... on-edge.

There are laws with regards to the slaughtering of animals, yes even pest ones. We've had successful prosecutions for people doing something clearly with the purpose of sadism and cruelty, which included this case. Anyone who is going to say that's acceptable, I'm going to have a beef with.

I completely understand I worked in veterinary hospitals and saw every level of cruelty and neglect imaginable. I turned in my membership card to the human race as it was not a club that I wished to belong. I agree with you whole heartedly on giving vermin quick dispatch and food animals should only ever have one bad moment.
I am positive they are kidding as these very same people have turned themselves inside out to save animals lives that they knew had no chance but they had to try anyway.

@BobsterO way to hijack someone else’s thread.

you should get to know a person before you make judgments about their character, never judge a book by its cover and first impressions can be way off base.

Bill
First impressions would be better if said person was sincere, instead of making sadistic remarks (jokingly or not). When I met people, I don't make jokes to degrade something that they care about. Hardly my fault, there was absolutely zero issue at all until they said that. I made my point and was ready to move on, but no, someone said they believe such animals deserve to be tortured and enjoy their screams of pain. You'd hope that was a joke.

I imagine the pest control company will have to remove all of the insulation and maybe even some sheet rock and replace it. Even if miraculously all the mice left to die in some magical mouse grave yard like elephants the poop left behind would still pose a health hazard.

Slightly on subject. If 5000 said mice were terminated, how do you find and remove the bulk of said dead mice? Around here, if one gets poisoned and dies in the pile of sheets or whatever, it can clear a room and smell for weeks.

I think someone asked that, and OP didn't know.

I think this will involve a major construction aspect. Surely the house will have to have Drywall stripped, mice cleaned out and then walls out back.

A buddy of mine, had this situation. He was actually an exterminator himself. He sadly passed away due to the event, as the mice were deer mice, while trying to extermanatate the issue himself, he contracted the hantavirus and passed.

Afterwords, his company came to try and solve the issue for his wife and children. They stated, it was beyond repair, the house was condemned, and is needing to be demolished. They did tent and kill the mice, but the house is now unlivable.

I didn't want to say that before, as to scare OP, but it might be something to have on the mind, as it may be the case, I regret to say.

When we lived in rat hell they told us they charge extra for the removal of the bodies since it’s a biohazard to remove them.

the house was finally condemned, the rats had to many entry point and the nest was so large there was no way of killing them for good. The pest ppl told us they tried atleast 3 times to exterminate the problem in the past but the landlord was not fixing the problem correctly.

we lost so much stuff and money having to flee the house. The company even tried to sue us for our remaining lease but the city stepped in and sued them for not providing a safe and live able home.

I’m grateful my son never got sick and the chameleons never got eaten.

As I said, my comment was a joke that I'm sure most recognized immediately, whether in poor taste or not. I've had pet mice, rats, snakes, and any homeless, neglected, or injured animal that's crossed my path. Did my fair share of volunteer time, too, with an equine and farm animal rescue. The fact that you made an account just for my comment makes me feel you're a member who is afraid to voice your opinion under their own/normal screen name. If that is the case, ya'll can always DM me if you want to have a private / confidential conversation.

Back
Top Bottom