a new name, and a new cage-

little leaf

Avid Member
ok, I have named my poor nameless panther- CAPONE - why...because he is always sneaking up to his feeder, and then does a quick "drive by" feed - and takes off again, he goes "ganster style " thew the vines up to the feed cup , and will CAP ONE (CAPONE) - :p but...he HATES his new outdoor cage - maybe because its new? or it has bars? his old one only had a ring at the bottom so he could not get out - I am not doing foster kittens this yr - so thought this cage would make a good F.R - its really a ferret cage ( shhhh- dont tell Capone - lol ) but its 5' X 3' X 2 ' - but he seems very upset in it- should I just leave him for the day? or take him out?

Last edited:
Wow wow wow! That is one stunning looking outdoor enclosure!! I may have to straight up copy this idea. Is he going to be outside full time this summer?

I love the choice of name too :)

you can find these cages on CL pretty cheap - I paid $50 for this one, and they can not fit thew the bars - as much as I want to keep him out 24/7 - we have to many wild critters ( coons, mink,skunk and BIG snakes) I am to afraid something will get him , so he goes out about 9ish, and comes in around 8 pm, they all do- feeding is from 8 - 9 am - then I run all 7 to their outdoor cages - then all back in at night- lol

Are you telling me you cant figure out why Capone (mobster) doesn't like bars surrounding him?!? :p Ha Ha Ha :D Most gangsters do not like to be caged! ;)

That is such an amazing idea! Is the plastic tray at the bottom removable for easy cleaning? I'm going to need to update my cham's cage soon, do you think you would recommend this for full time use?:D

That is such an amazing idea! Is the plastic tray at the bottom removable for easy cleaning? I'm going to need to update my cham's cage soon, do you think you would recommend this for full time use?:D

yes, the tray comes out- it is solid, or you can put holes in it - I just may make this his full time cage, but UGH- I gave in today and put him back in his huge tree ( with no bars :p ) he never got to go outside before I got him, now he is a mad man about it - he is realllllllly gonna hate winter :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom