A new member of the forums

thepanther17

hi everybody im new to the forums and just got my first panther chameleon from kammerflage creations and they said he is a C.R Holman. he got tired of crickets and i am feeding him superworms. He is about 5.5 months old but does not have that much coloration. I purchased him at the reptile expo on Jan. 8 at the super show in ponoma

im looking foward to being a part of the forums
thank you for the help

im assuming you got the baby from this guy named "Holman" that comes from the kammers, but i could be wrong....

I am sure he will get alot of color. Kammers produce beautiful chameleons. I happen to have one of their Sambava panthers. You just have to give him some time. Also, I would not just feed superworms. If he wont eat crickets, there are other types of feeders. If you don't mind the sight of roaches you can feed him the Dubias roaches, also there are silkworms, hornworms, waxworms, phoenix worms, and locusts, if you can get them. Don't just stick with one feeder.

he is about 5 months old but still not that much colors do you think he just needs more time ....so ehich one of those feeders do u recomend the most even though he is still small

Well I cannot vouche for the roaches cause I do not feed them to mine. I know from other members that they are cleaner than crickets and easy to breed and keep a colony of them. silkworms are very good feeders and they don't grow superfast. The hornworms are a good feeder also but they grow very quickly and you may find them growing too big too fast to feed to your chameleon. The phoenix worms turn in to soldier flies which your cham might like also. Wax worms are ok but are one of the most fattyworms. Some people like to feed mealworms which need to be fed sparingly due to the fact that they don't contain alot of meat and are mostly made of chitin which is the outer hard shell and too much of that is not good for your chameleon.. Some people also catch wild bugs but you have to be careful that the bugs have not been exposed to pesticides or are toxic for a chameleon to eat. you are better off buying your feeders to be on the safe side.

Well I cannot vouche for the roaches cause I do not feed them to mine. I know from other members that they are cleaner than crickets and easy to breed and keep a colony of them. silkworms are very good feeders and they don't grow superfast. The hornworms are a good feeder also but they grow very quickly and you may find them growing too big too fast to feed to your chameleon. The phoenix worms turn in to soldier flies which your cham might like also. Wax worms are ok but are one of the most fattyworms. Some people like to feed mealworms which need to be fed sparingly due to the fact that they don't contain alot of meat and are mostly made of chitin which is the outer hard shell and too much of that is not good for your chameleon.. Some people also catch wild bugs but you have to be careful that the bugs have not been exposed to pesticides or are toxic for a chameleon to eat. you are better off buying your feeders to be on the safe side.
and the infamous butterworm. =) mine love those as treats!!! i like hornworms a lot because they're very "juicy"...helps with hydration! =)

Back
Top Bottom