A neat, compact, LED/T5UV unit by ZooMed (yep)

Mark_C

Established Member
I decided to uncrowd my enclosure roof, removing my LED panel and my strip and bought this...
https://zoomed.com/t5-reptisun-led-uvb-terrarium-hood/

I'm all about modular and multi-purpose tools and this fits the bill.
In my case I bought the 24" unit for $109 through Amazon.

It incorporates 3 LED panels. Each panel has 4x 6500K LEDs for light and plant growth as well as additional LEDs based on the panel function:
The 'light' version has additional whites, 'plant growth' has red, 'night' has blue, and 'combo' has red and blue. Additional panels are approx $35.
The panels are interchangeable and can swap out (or you can add/remove panels, or slide them in rail tracks to concentrate or deaden coverage).

I picked up an additional 'light' unit for mine, giving me a total of 18x 6500 whites, 6x reds, 3x blues, and it looks fantastic.
Also replaced the included Reptisun 5.0 with an Arcadia 6%.

Unit has an on/off switch for the T5 and a toggle for the LEDs (whites, supplemental LEDs, or both).
And it looks pretty sleek if you're mounting it visibly.
No built in timer, but easily remidies with one of the 400 plug in timers I have laying around.

Getting good readings for UVA/B at 10" down (2.5 - 3.2), plenty of lights for the plants, and nice accents.

I know theres not a lot of love for ZooMed, and I understand why, but this seems like a pretty solid product that meets its design intentions pretty well.

How's it look all set up ? does the led light penetrate the canopy well? The top of my enclosure is a war zone right now with my t5 two domes and a 70w sansi

I'm close to buying my lighting, so this looks intriguing. So it's a combo plant light/UVB light/blue night light? I guess the only downside is if one part of the light stops working, the whole thing would need to be replaced.

I’ve used the 24” version as well and had good results with my plants and it has a good single reflector for the UVB bulb.
61FF788C-AD34-4038-A32F-2F76331437D2.jpeg
348BE247-8BDB-455D-9E30-C6411E55CDE5.jpeg

I’ve used the 24” version as well and had good results with my plants and it has a good single reflector for the UVB bulb.
What's the wattage?
Is there a way to turn the blue lights off at night?
If it has full spectrum 6500K white LEDs, why does it need red LEDs?
I see it only has 20K hr. life and 2 yr. warranty.

Red and blue LEDs are on a 3 position toggle switch with the whites, options are:
White only
Colored LEDs only
Both

The colored LEDs are minor and used to supplement growth, moonlight, and ‘pop’,
They can simply be left off so you’re running the whites only.

The T5 also has a separate switch.

Chameleon don't need moon light and should have no lights at night. Reason people use the senci and jungle Dawn is because they are white LED. Not red or blue

And with red led grow light for people they recommend you wear special glasses when around them.

I decided to uncrowd my enclosure roof, removing my LED panel and my strip and bought this...

It incorporates 3 LED panels. Each panel has 4x 6500K LEDs for light and plant growth as well as additional LEDs based on the panel function:
The 'light' version has additional whites, 'plant growth' has red, 'night' has blue, and 'combo' has red and blue. Additional panels are approx $35.
The panels are interchangeable and can swap out (or you can add/remove panels, or slide them in rail tracks to concentrate or deaden coverage).

I picked up an additional 'light' unit for mine, giving me a total of 18x 6500 whites, 6x reds, 3x blues, and it looks fantastic.

Unit has an on/off switch for the T5 and a toggle for the LEDs (whites, supplemental LEDs, or both).
No built in timer, but easily remidies with one of the 400 plug in timers I have laying around.

Getting good readings for UVA/B at 10" down (2.5 - 3.2), plenty of lights for the plants, and nice accents.

I know theres not a lot of love for ZooMed, and I understand why, but this seems like a pretty solid product that meets its design intentions pretty well.

Hi, I’m new here, so I’m just looking around for any and all good info… which this place seems to be full of…yay!👍🏼 Anyway, your post caught my eye. I actually looked at this same light, but ended up passing on it bc I didn’t think it supplied any heat. But maybe that isn’t correct?🤔 or maybe it is and you still use a heat lamp for their basking spot along with this?🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m excited to learn more. (My T5 arrived a few days ago, but it’s within my return window timeframe if I decided to go this route. I’m just trying to figure out what set up is best for my new little guy and then which one takes up the least amount of space or isn’t such a clunky mess with so many different lights and hoods.) Thanks for your post and any additional info. I hope you really enjoy your new light! It does look sleek!💚

Hi, I’m new here, so I’m just looking around for any and all good info… which this place seems to be full of…yay!👍🏼 Anyway, your post caught my eye. I actually looked at this same light, but ended up passing on it bc I didn’t think it supplied any heat. But maybe that isn’t correct?🤔 or maybe it is and you still use a heat lamp for their basking spot along with this?🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m excited to learn more. (My T5 arrived a few days ago, but it’s within my return window timeframe if I decided to go this route. I’m just trying to figure out what set up is best for my new little guy and then which one takes up the least amount of space or isn’t such a clunky mess with so many different lights and hoods.) Thanks for your post and any additional info. I hope you really enjoy your new light! It does look sleek!💚
This light has a T5HO linear UVB bulb for D3 synthesis along with daylight LED for plant growth. A heat lamp for basking temperatures is usually still important for their health

Chameleon don't need moon light and should have no lights at night. Reason people use the senci and jungle Dawn is because they are white LED. Not red or blue
I don't think this is 100% certain. They have moonlight in real life. I faint blue light isn't going to keep them up at night.

There’s only two cords one for the LEDs and one for the fluorescent fixture, so unless you manually turn on/off the other LEDs, the moonlights will go off with rest if it’s on a timer

Doc is correct on the cords.

jp - The red LEDs for supplemental growth are tiny, they may have some benefit but I see them more as a mild color popper for the plants. They’re only 1/2 watt each.
Same with the blues, supplemental at 1/2w each.
Levels are so low they’re more there to say they’re there.
The whites are only 1w each, but with 16 its adequate for the enclosure.
I have the wole LED system on one timer (as it is all on the same cord), so all lights are out at night.

Caz - Im new as well. Its just that I’ve been wxperimenting for a few weeks and picking up some experience.
The regulars here know a lot more than I do, so ignore me and listen to them if on the fence.
This light is not my only light, as you’re correct and there is no real heat. This light sits over the cage with the T5 portion midline for largest UV coverage area.
Above his basking area I still have a small dome with a 50w basking bulb, which gives him a temp of 82-83 on the branch 9-10” below.

Have you tested the UVI output with the 6%? Sometimes other bright lights like the LEDs can drown out some UVB energy. But if the 6% is in a single reflector it probably doesn't have much effect.

Have you tested the UVI output with the 6%? Sometimes other bright lights like the LEDs can drown out some UVB energy. But if the 6% is in a single reflector it probably doesn't have much effect.
I was getting UVI of 3-4 through the screen with about 6-8 inches between the basking area and the bulb. It is a single reflector.

The lights seem to be adequate, granted there is supplemental light in the room.
But the live plants all seem to be happy, its nice and bright above the canopy, and the colorations in the cage look good…

3997A00E-9AAD-49E4-A544-D55EC18B7B5F.jpeg

P.S. SAFP is basking just under his light at the top after stuffing himself stupid with 1 roach, 3 small crickets, and a hornworm.

Back
Top Bottom