A live birth

Big Congrats on the babies. They are soooo cute !!!

I love crotons...could I use one in a veileds enclousure?

Agree with everyone, great pics!

It must be tough to go on a rollercoaster first thing after birth. :D

Great pics Heika! That really looked like a big poop at the beginning. The viviparous chameleons are really amazing.
As for the plant it is a Codieaum variegatum, and be careful Heika, it has a toxic sap, like most of the plants from the Euphorbiaceae family! If the plant gets injured the sap will come out and if the little ones lick on that they can easily die...
All the best
Filip

Fruitcake..?

fruitcake.JPG

:D

IMHO there is something intrinsically wrong about candied fruits. However, fruitcakes may be good for some things. :eek:

fruitcake.jpg

Still waiting...
T

That is awesome, Trace! How long did that take you... :D

Let me know if there is a legal way to ship some of these fellas to you, I really will send some your way.

Heika

I discovered one of the elliot females giving birth today and couldn't resist taking a few pictures. Here are the first few minutes of one newborn's life:

No, that isn't a huge turd..

birth.jpg

Wiggle wiggle, gotta get out of the sack..

birth1.jpg

Getting there!

birth2.jpg

Bursting the sack makes for a slippery slope!

birth3.jpg

Looks like a water slide..

birth4.jpg

Whew. Maybe a breather.

birth5.jpg

And another breather.

birth7.jpg

Ok, off to find something to eat..

birth8.jpg
lol reminds me of the time i thought my pregnant jackson was about to drop babies and so i was staring at her and shes looking at me ''like what the hell are you doing'' ....turns out she was just pooping

Wow! Great pictures! This will get lost in all the other congratulations to be sure. I don't have any live-bearing chams so that is totally cool. I am guessing that the mother has some maternal instincts.....at least to the point where she does not consider them little snacks after giving birth to them. Do they have to jet out of the vicinity or can they remain near Mommy safely? Nicely done :)

Live Birth

Hello I happened across these pictures.... I live in SA and would like to know more about the babies.... How soon do they start eating?? We have a female that is due to have babies in 7 -10 days {maybe sooner} and do not know what to expect.....
:confused:
I discovered one of the elliot females giving birth today and couldn't resist taking a few pictures. Here are the first few minutes of one newborn's life:

No, that isn't a huge turd..

birth.jpg

Wiggle wiggle, gotta get out of the sack..

birth1.jpg

Getting there!

birth2.jpg

Bursting the sack makes for a slippery slope!

birth3.jpg

Looks like a water slide..

birth4.jpg

Whew. Maybe a breather.

birth5.jpg

And another breather.

birth7.jpg

Ok, off to find something to eat..

birth8.jpg

Hello I happened across these pictures.... I live in SA and would like to know more about the babies.... How soon do they start eating?? We have a female that is due to have babies in 7 -10 days {maybe sooner} and do not know what to expect.....
:confused:

Hi! What species do you have? If it is an elliot chameleon, then you can pretty much expect the babies to be born hungry. I don't have a ton of experience with the live bearers, but from what I have seen, they eat within an hour or two of birth. I have been feeding this new clutch pinhead crickets, fruit flies, tiny silkworms, and firebrats.

Back
Top Bottom