A little worried

ShawnaG

My Chame named "Gecky" had these marks on his "horn". Looks like a burn, maybe due to being close to his heat lamp, I've lowered his rioe, but wondering if that is was this is?
IMG_20181020_180512.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_180510.jpg
    IMG_20181020_180510.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 104
And raise the bulb, decrease it’s wattage, and/or lower the basking spot if you haven’t done so already

Thanks guys... I haven't taken him to the vet because he seems fine and I wasn't sure If it was normal. My son's grandparents got him for us, and we knew nothing of taking care of him. We've had him two months and I've read up on how to properly take care of him, as far as enclosure and diet, and needs. I think I've done very well so far, but I'm.still.always thinking of him and what I can do better. I noticed these marks, and lowered his vine, and plants, so they are not so close to his heat lamp. I Will gladly posts pics of his enclosure and living space. I am glad I found this forum, because my 4 year old son loves him so much, as do I, and I want to take care of him.in the right way.!

Thanks guys... I haven't taken him to the vet because he seems fine and I wasn't sure If it was normal. My son's grandparents got him for us, and we knew nothing of taking care of him. We've had him two months and I've read up on how to properly take care of him, as far as enclosure and diet, and needs. I think I've done very well so far, but I'm.still.always thinking of him and what I can do better. I noticed these marks, and lowered his vine, and plants, so they are not so close to his heat lamp. I Will gladly posts pics of his enclosure and living space. I am glad I found this forum, because my 4 year old son loves him so much, as do I, and I want to take care of him.in the right way.!
The veiled care sheet here is a great place to start! Welcome!

Don’t forget to fill out the form and schedule a vet appointment! Make sure it’s an exotics vet with cham experience, too!

Back
Top Bottom