A Little Vacation

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my family is going on a cruise for about a week next month and we have to leave Coda at home. I usually take her out each day for 5 - 10 min and let her explore so she isn't cooped up. My question is, will she get enough attention? And what do ya'll do when your out of town? I have one of my guy-friends mom to come and feed her and all of that stuff and shes had tons of reptiles before. I'm still a little nervous even though the trip is a month away I would love advice. Thanks!

So my family is going on a cruise for about a week next month and we have to leave Coda at home. I usually take her out each day for 5 - 10 min and let her explore so she isn't cooped up. My question is, will she get enough attention? And what do ya'll do when your out of town? I have one of my guy-friends mom to come and feed her and all of that stuff and shes had tons of reptiles before. I'm still a little nervous even though the trip is a month away I would love advice. Thanks!
Chameleons don’t need attention they like to be alone. Should be fine for a week if someone if coming by at least once a day to make sure everything is running fine

Good to know but im kinda confused bc she will come up to the edge of her cage like she wants something to do with me, but when i turn in her direction she goes back to her basking spot... i dont know what to think.

Good to know but im kinda confused bc she will come up to the edge of her cage like she wants something to do with me, but when i turn in her direction she goes back to her basking spot... i dont know what to think.
She might not feel safe in her cage then. Might need to make changes. Mind posting a photo of your set up so we can check if you need to make changes?

Im getting more plants soon.btw

Also you need a larger cage for her (and to fit in the laying bin and extra plants). I know females don't get as large as males, but I still like to provide the largest cage necessary. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom