A little tip on Phoenix worms

jadeaudio

This is the 1st time I bought these and probably the last as I had no idea they were so small. Great for someone with little guys that can cup feed, but if you plan on putting them in some free range deal just forget about it. I even bought the medium ones.

Anyways to make a long story short I put them in a little critter cage because I like to visibly see them and these little bastards can crawl up plastic and climb out of the little vent holes on the little critter cages. You know those little plastic containers where there is a lid on top that some people use to hold crickets and such. I just happen to walk by when I heard one plop onto the table and then looked and there was a bunch popping out of the little vents on it. I ended up throwing them in a hornworm cup so they cannot escape. They are like superfast leeches. And unlike other worms and insects they do not seem to drown when put in water as I accidently dropped one into my drainage bin and it was moving like crazy.

Haha! Nice!

I just leave them in the container I buy them in and occasionally add water if it gets too dry in there. Cash snaps em outa my fingers super fast. Loves these things.

Does anybody breed them since 5+ generations or so ? They are available in Germany too sometimes, but I tried it and tried it without big success. I've heard now that they seem to need very much light to breed, can anybody confirm this ?

We cannot breed them out here in the states as nobody even offers anything to feed these guys out here.

Back
Top Bottom