A little Peek at my Quadricornis

TreelionsUK

Hi,

I was lucky enough to trade some Amps,for a pair of stunning CB Quadricornis! they are Amazing!! The Male is showing some tiny little horns!

Its been awhile since ive had any montanes,im pretty confident they will do fine but any advice would be Nice:)

I've got these in my room as its way too hot for them to be with the panthers
Just need to sort a drainage tray and im all sorted :D

Qmale1.jpg

Qmale.jpg

Flo.jpg

Quadvivs.jpg

Thanks! They are very shy!

I can't take the credit for the vivs or the animals,As ive only had them since thursday night!..Big thanks to wayne for the vivs and animals!!!!:D

Any advice on calcium supplementation,and should i steer totally clear of powdered vitamin supplements Guys???

Yeah, beautiful cages! You'll probably find that they shun the areas with the very bright lights. If your room's ambient temperature is in their normal active range during the day the basking lights won't be necessary, either. I always used very densely planted enclosures, like the one on the left, and they seemed to prefer that most.

Your little guy looks SUPER healthy. Score! They're such an awesome species, I don't know why I haven't had any in so long. :confused:

This forum has introduced me to so many species I never knew of, I think quadricornus is my favorite! Great animals and enclosure!!:D

Yeah, beautiful cages! You'll probably find that they shun the areas with the very bright lights. If your room's ambient temperature is in their normal active range during the day the basking lights won't be necessary, either. I always used very densely planted enclosures, like the one on the left, and they seemed to prefer that most.

Your little guy looks SUPER healthy. Score! They're such an awesome species, I don't know why I haven't had any in so long. :confused:

Thanks man,i have got another ficus in with the male now,and will probably kill the bright light:)
They are amazing..What is there P.O.T? and in terms of supplementation what do you do??

Re the basking lamp,ive just had a look at them and they are chilling right under the lamp they seem to love it...so it stays for now

Cheers

Last edited:
What is there P.O.T? and in terms of supplementation what do you do??

Ummm, it's early here so that could be it, but, what is P.O.T.? As for supplements, I don't think I would give quads as much of the vitamins/minerals as I used to now, but, I don't recall having any issues with edema back then. Imo, just a little bit weekly should be enough on top of well-gutloaded bugs.

Awesome that they're basking. I would have to assume that at this time of year your house isn't exactly cool?

Ummm, it's early here so that could be it, but, what is P.O.T.? As for supplements, I don't think I would give quads as much of the vitamins/minerals as I used to now, but, I don't recall having any issues with edema back then. Imo, just a little bit weekly should be enough on top of well-gutloaded bugs.

Awesome that they're basking. I would have to assume that at this time of year your house isn't exactly cool?

Preferred Optimum Temperature:)
Im going to supplement once every two weeks,very lightly.

What about calcium? a few times a week??

The weather is a bit crappy at the moment so the temp of my room is around 18deg.

Thanks
Luke

Great looking quads! Best of luck with them :)
I really like the idea of that plastic mesh/fence for some extra climbing spots. Could look really good with some pothos (or something else) running through it.

Drew

Congrats on the quads. I have 2 of them and I am in love. I keep my temps at the 71 - 73 F and give them lots of mostiure. Mine have foggers. drippers and auto misters that come on 3 times a day. I don't do much with addin supplements just herpivite once a month, caliculm twice a week. I am also fairly new to quads so I am still learning. I have only has my 2 for a couple of months, but so far so good.:D

What is the temp in your quads cages? How are you keeping the humidity up? We have been successful in breeding this awesome species and actually kept 2 from our last clutch as well that look to be about the size of your little guy. How many do you have?

Back
Top Bottom