A Faly and a Tamatave... to breed or not to breed?

You mentioned faly being common, what about Tamatave? I have a few from my blood red male, wish there were more to go around . Keep that male with a Tamatave girl, he's really good looking.

Tamatave has always been a bit of a mystery to me... I rarely see them on the market, but when I do, the prices aren't always reflective of how hard they are to come by... Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a good Faly or Mitsio will fetch a lot more than a good Tamatave (which I don't really understand, because in my opinion a good Tamatave is every bit as pretty as a Faly and every bit as rare as a Mitsio).
I have a Tamatave female and as soon as she's receptive, I'll put her with my Tamatave male for some pure line eggs, so I'll definitely have some 100% Tamataves at some point later this year or early next year.
If I do decide to do any cross-breeding, it would be my male Tamatave with a female Faly, because I already have two clutches of 100% Faly eggs and it wouldn't hurt anything to try it that way.

Tamataves should get more love on the forums for sure :)

I'm going to *fingers crossed* buy a tamatave later this year. I'm excited. Ice been looking for something....different. but if you cross breed I'd defiantly be interested in getting one of those too. I'm thinking tamatave, sambava, or ankaramy. I'm pretty sure I'll go with the tamatave though. Lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom