A different way to "hand" feed

Thank you, I went to petco to get dog food, he was so tiny and just look like a toddler when he reached up to my finger on the glass, honestly love at first sight..... I took him home 15 minutes later after spending way more money than I should have.... lol
Sorry everyone this was the wrong post, not sure how I ended up answering here. My apologies.

Welcome to the world of chameleons. Are you asking what species Erik is? Erik is a Trioceros quadricornis gracilior. They are native to the mountains of Cameroon in West Africa.

Is Simon ill? I'll see if I can find the thread.
the names get me every time.. great colors though.. almost a cross between a jacksons and a panther

Good eyes!

My husband insists on growing things where they don't belong so we have several mango trees that were developed specifically to do well in pots. We lived eight years in the US Virgin Islands and he used to pick his own mangoes from the many abandoned orchards around the island. No store-bought mango can ever compare to one fresh off the tree nor do the stores stock the really tasty varieties. It's been a fight to get them to fruit and then a fight to keep them safe from the squirrels, raccoons an opossums. He also has about four or five different bananas that are supposed to do well in my climate but of course don't. I've been nursing them for years and really just want to make them into compost for something truly useful like black soldier flies. I did manage stop him from trying to grow loganberries and raspberries in Saudi Arabia. There were many heated battles over that!
Haha! When I grew up in South Africa my brothers and I would catch chameleons during droughts, feed them, water them and let them go again! When I was at college in the Cape I bread and released Cape Dwarf (bradypodion pumilum) chameleons. I woud go to the farm where the cows were milked to feed the chameleons flies. They all would sit on my index finger when feeding them. I would point at the fly with my chameleon gun and shoot them flies off the wall and down the hatch! Was so cool!

Haha! When I grew up in South Africa my brothers and I would catch chameleons during droughts, feed them, water them and let them go again! When I was at college in the Cape I bread and released Cape Dwarf (bradypodion pumilum) chameleons. I woud go to the farm where the cows were milked to feed the chameleons flies. They all would sit on my index finger when feeding them. I would point at the fly with my chameleon gun and shoot them flies off the wall and down the hatch! Was so cool!

I heard they were a very shy species. Are they? Yours don't sound very shy. I think they are so cool with their weird gular crest.

The Cape dwarfs I captured in the wild seemed naturally mellow and tamed. The midland dwarfs in the wild and Transvaalense were shy. I do not currently have cape dwarfs just midland dwarfs (and they are not shy). I would love to get some Cape dwarfs, they are close to my heart!

The Cape dwarfs I captured in the wild seemed naturally mellow and tamed. The midland dwarfs in the wild and Transvaalense were shy. I do not currently have cape dwarfs just midland dwarfs (and they are not shy). I would love to get some Cape dwarfs, they are close to my heart!
Matt you just don't have shy baby's . You have the magic touch !!. I can Contest to that .

Oh that sounded so very wrong !!. You know what I mean ;).

Back
Top Bottom