A Brev is hatching!

2nd hatcling that did not make it was a little boy-very cute. The eggs are maybe too tough for them to make it out. Third hatchling I have half way out of the egg and I don't think he made it. The last egg is our only hope, and it is sweating like mad.

3rd hatchling I am not holding much hope for-although he is still half in the egg and has not turned "death" colors. 4th hatcling has gone the best-he sweat and slit pretty fast and is head out in the egg. The Mom of these guys died last Sunday-maybe they are just a weak bunch. Survival of the fittest I guess.

=(
one of my eggs just did waht urs did... the egg started sweating and i waited but the cham was with an open mouth with his tongue sticking out... but he wasnt dead... yet... he was still yawning or something but i doubt hes gunna make it...

Well, I am saddened to report that it looks like none of the babies made it. Not even the last one that did almost everything by himself. The last 2 are still head out of the eggs and starting to turn "death" colors. I guess it was a weak clutch. I cannot really think of anything that went wrong. Substrate held adequate moisture-temps at 73-74 the entire time (room temp), incubated for 83 days. All started to sweat, 2 never pipped, 2 pipped and never made it out of the shell. Now I am worried about my 70 veiled eggs even though they seem fine-these seemed fine too. :(

Awww man that sucks Juli! I'm sorry. And now you don't have a female. Better luck next time I guess. Good luck with the Veiled eggs!! How long have the Veiled eggs been incubating?

Back
Top Bottom