A better Diet for my veilded

streetillegal66

I curently have a 10 week old female veiled and I am currently feeding her gutloaded crickets. I am looking to add a verity of prey to her diet and also I am looking to better supplement her. She eats about 6 1/4 crickets a day and form what I hear she should be eating more. I was hopeing adding a veriety of prey would incourage her to eat more which I have read.

I will be placing an order today to get some more supplements and feeders

For Supplementation I have reptivite w/ D3 and plan on getting calcium with and without D3. I have read to give her the calcium 3-5 times a week and the multi and calcium w/ D3 once a week. But I don't know how much I should giver her each time IE (dust 1 prey item or more?)

For adding to her list of prey items, I am intrested in purchasing prey items that will last for as long as possible and with as little matince as possible but, obviously my primary concern is my chams health

I want to get silkworms or horned worms for hybration purposes and I was looking into butter worms for their high calcium content and easy sustainablity

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan K

You should dust with plain calcium at just about every feeding. I would lightly dust all crickets. Use calcium with D3 2 to 3 times a month and you need a multivitamin twice a month. Silkworms are excellent. Hornworms grow really FAST and would outgrow what a 10 week old could eat. Superworms are ok and very easy to keep and dubia are good and easy to keep. What kind of UVB light are you using? Jann

Back
Top Bottom