A beginners question...

JabbaThePanther

Yeah, this is sorta my first chameleon, so dont hate me for asking, lol.
uhmmm my chameleon is 3 and 1/2 months old, Ambilobe.
When will he start showing awesome colors?!?!?! im anxious!:D

He should start to show some color in another month. you will see more and more color till there done which mine was a year and a half.

every cham is different but you could expect to see basic colouration from 4 months or so and start to get pretty vivid by 6+. There is an awsome video on the screameleons youtube channel of the developing colours of an ambilobe month by month. The cham on the vid is outstanding tho so dont be under the illusion yours will be the same, you will see what i mean when you watch it. Good luck with the new baby. Seems an odd time to post in this forum, where are you from? Josh.

As mentioned above each chameleon is different and color varies w/ each one. However, one of my sambavas is about 14 months old and still has not totally turned his bright colors. I can tell it will not be long because the yellows and oranges are showing brighter every day. I have a red barred ambilobe that is about 16 months old and he has his mature colors now. When people see him they are stunned at how bright he is. I know this is easier said then done, but just be patient, before you know it you will have a brightly colored cham. Good luck.

You should be seeing some in about a month, like everyones been saying. My ambilobe is just a hair over 4.5 months. Here are a couple of pics. The first is him at a little over three months, the second is 4.5 months

They aren't good pictures, but you can see the color difference. He just shed today and is showing more yellows and reds now as well

well, my pics aren't working, but you can check out my album by clicking on my profile. it shows him at 2.5, 3, 4, and 4.5 months

Back
Top Bottom