911 911 i think my juvie jackson is giving birth!!!

jfulcher

Guesstimated 5mos old, started looking husky. Today pacing the back of the cage on the branches. Tail twitching like having contractions. Suddenly she popped out what looks like a mucus plug. Looks dilated, IS SHE GIVING BIRTH?! WHAT DO I DO?!

]if she's giving birth there is no way that she is 5 months old, if you put some pics on of the Cham and whatever else is going on we will be able to tell you but if she is giving birth they will want separating from the mother to there own Vivarium

ugaba8a8.jpg

Pic of when I got her 3 1/2 wks ago. I can't get a shot right now bc she retired to the back branches to rest. She's been trying to push one out, I think, for hours. I went up to the cage a couple hrs ago and sat down and she walked up to me and crawled up the screen and started bearing down and I think I can see something moving into her pelvic area and she was walking funny. And she poops like a champ so she's not constipated.... What do I do?

No idea if she is gravid, especially since the picture doesn't show her whole body.
If she was housed with a male, then she probably is.

Typically, Jackson's give birth in the morning.
If she does give birth, you have to remove the babies to their own enclosure right away, so they don't become a postpartum meal.
Babies will need lots of wingless fruitflies, pinhead crickets and newly hatched silkworms.

Back
Top Bottom