6 months... Now what?

Reptilelover47

Established Member
Hey guys. My panther cham, Spectrum, is about 6 months now. At this point I am supposed to start feeding every other day right? He eats about 13 crick/meal worms a day right now. I'm worried about transitioning him properly. Should I feed him every other day or feed him 6 cricks/worms a day? Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• specka.jpg
    specka.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 102

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
I don't cut back on their food until they are a year old. That is just me. They certainly still are growing and developing at six months. I think that is too early. Jmo

deadhd5

Avid Member
I would gradually start reducing the food you offer him so he is eating about 8 insects every other day by the time he is 1 year old. He is still growing, so it is not yet the time for a dramatic scaling back.

Edit: By the way, he is a handsome little fella. I like the blue along his dorsal crest :)

Decadancin

Moderatoris Americanus
Staff member
I'd agree. Too soon to cut down the food. Its O.K. to skip a day here and there, but I wouldn't do it too often yet. About 9 or 10 months is when I would decide if the time is right. Depends on how the weight is and how big. :cool:

Decadancin

Moderatoris Americanus
Staff member
When older they do not need to eat every day. The extra weight they would keep on would likely lead to health issues with the kidneys, etc.

good to know
I will start cutting back
altho he thinks I should feed him every other hour so george is going to have issues with this

Top Bottom