5.0 UVB or 10.0 UVB???

kronikcurt

Ambilobe Panther Male - 5 months old

The viv is 24x24x48

18" or upgrade to 24" light fixture??

5.0 UVB or 10.0 UVB???

If I were you I'd do the 24" Reptisun 10.0. That way you get UVB across the entire top of the cage and you'll get better penetration through the screen.

If I were you I'd do the 24" Reptisun 10.0. That way you get UVB across the entire top of the cage and you'll get better penetration through the screen.

What she said!!!! :D Or for about the same $ or less you can buy a 48 inch fixture at lowes or homedepot for $13.00 and a 48 inch bulb for under $30.00 and have mega light or enough for 2 cages. ;)

thanks guys.
Is there any chance the .10 UVB would be too strong on a juvi chameleon?
i was leaning towards the 24", i have an old one laying around from an old beardie set-up. not sure if it still works tho so il probly just buy a new one that comes with a light bulb.
any idea if a place like lowes or homedepot would care the 24" aswell? i think the 48" might be too large for my area

so the light fixture works, bulb defineitely needs to be replaced. just wondering how i measure the light bulb?..
i measured the entire bulb including the metal ends and then just the bulb and neither sound like standard sizes...:confused:

Attachments

• UVBlightsize?.jpg
    UVBlightsize?.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 98
would the bulb that one comes with be too weak UVB wise for the lizard and possibly too strong in combination with a proper 10 UVB light??

I'm not sure I understand your question, what bulb that comes with what? If you mean a daylight bulb, no, that's totally fine. It doesn't produce any UVB, just white light, so it will brighten things up but won't add any UVB at all.

And no, I don't think a 10.0 is too strong for a juvie. The screen from the cage cuts down a lot of the UVB so by the time it gets to the basking branch 6" down or so from the bulb the levels reaching your cham are super moderate.

awesome, i might pick one of those up as well. any idea if it would work with only one bulb rather than both?

also does T5 refer to a UVB 5.0 light or what does it stand for??

I'm not sure I understand your question, what bulb that comes with what? If you mean a daylight bulb, no, that's totally fine. It doesn't produce any UVB, just white light, so it will brighten things up but won't add any UVB at all.

And no, I don't think a 10.0 is too strong for a juvie. The screen from the cage cuts down a lot of the UVB so by the time it gets to the basking branch 6" down or so from the bulb the levels reaching your cham are super moderate.

i ment would the 6500k plant light in combination with a 10.0 UVB light be too much for the lizard. but its all good, don't think im gona buy a double light fixture...

i ment would the 6500k plant light in combination with a 10.0 UVB light be too much for the lizard. but its all good, don't think im gona buy a double light fixture...

Ah gotcha. Well, just in case you ever change your mind (or for any lurkers reading this) that would be fine, a UVB and a 6500K daylight bulb is a very typical set-up to brighten things up and is totally safe.

Back
Top Bottom