48” Quad T5 from lightyourreptiles.com

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
so I bought the biggest, baddest light I could find on Lightyourreptiles.com for a customer build I’m doing, never used them before. So when I opened it up to test it, every thing worked great but their was a hand written note saying not to use the legs that come with the light if your running 6% Arcadia’s. Why is this? Just because of the extra distance? Does the 6% just lack the power no make up the distance?

This link illustrates the loss of UVB over distance with some other factors thrown in for good measure. http://www.uvguide.co.uk/fluorescenttubemeshtests.htm
Here is the pertinent image from the page. Those 2-4 inches represent a significant loss of UVB.
fluorescentmeshtests.gif

I’ve heard nothing but positive things about them for about as long as I can remember. I just wish that would have been noted somewhere on the sales page. I just spent $250 on a light that won’t work correctly when I use the parts that come with it unless I buy another $50 bulb. That is very frustrating.

Todd always leaves love notes.

You ordered a quad 6%. So just email him your distances and if there is screen etc, and he will give you the green light to use whatever you want to use.

If you order a dual with 2 12%, you will get a note with a harsh talking to about using both of them in one fixture, because he doesnt know if you are using it for an iguana or a jacksons.

Yes I can take the legs off but I designed her enclosure for a light that has legs. I paid for the fixture, it comes with legs. It should come with bulbs that are compatible with both the fixture and legs. I could see if this was an entry level light but it isn’t, I bought his top-of-the-line model. Very disappointing.

Yes I can take the legs off but I designed her enclosure for a light that has legs. I paid for the fixture, it comes with legs. It should come with bulbs that are compatible with both the fixture and legs. I could see if this was an entry level light but it isn’t, I bought his top-of-the-line model. Very disappointing.

Please email him. Again he provides warnings on most shipments. What if he thinks you ordered 1 6% and 3 6500ks, for a beardy, and the legs take it out of the sweet spot? Just shoot him a message about your setup.

Ok I will. And for anyone who stumbles across this thread in the future, I am not upset with the quality of the light at all, pretty impressed actually. Just wish there had been a note on the sales page explaining the the Bulb/leg technicality.

Ok I will. And for anyone who stumbles across this thread in the future, I am not upset with the quality of the light at all, pretty impressed actually. Just wish there had been a note on the sales page explaining the the Bulb/leg technicality.

Wait till your extended family members figure out that the hood is aluminum and about 35c, most of mine turned them into the worlds longest heat rocks. My geriatric beardy needed a ramp built so she could continue getting up there.

That distance factor is why I only use the 12% bulbs. All my builds are tall and wide as hell. I only use a 6% bulb on a cage 18" or less in height.

Use the legs, test the UVB with a solarmeter to see if the desired amounts are being attained and make your decision from there. Todd is just trying to maximize the lighting with advice. He is not saying you can't use them, but just that the effect will be better if the lights are closer to the enclosure. Or, just use a 12% Arcadia and the legs...

Just gonna remove this to avoid confusion for future reference. LYR is the best period. Please don’t join cham central USA on FB enough said.

Last edited:
So today I’m scrolling Chameleon Central USA on FB and there’s this guy stating you can buy the light fixture elsewhere and it’s the same and blah blah blah.
I was recommending LYR to someone as the only upgrade you’ll ever need in lights. I think I need to delete myself from this group seriously.View attachment 213869View attachment 213869

Hey @Kat_72 ,

Just some background on this...

Todd used to have a different fixture that had separate plugs for each set of lights. I actually have one of the quad ones and I have three timers for it. It has two sets of two T5 bulbs and one set of Blue LED's. There was an issue with the supplier of these fixtures (the original one's that Todd sold and by my understanding helped design) that forced Todd to source them from elsewhere. There was even a somewhat heated thread here on the forums about these being Odyssea fixtures as well as stock photos from them. Truth is, from my understanding Todd is very active in the development of reptile lighting products and has changed the options over time to offer the most up to date products. I know that the different fixture for the tropic blaze is made by the same supplier as the Odyssea one, but the real benefit comes from the Arcadia lighting. Todd has always provided me great customer service and that came up many times in the thread as well.

The post I was referring to...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/lightyourreptiles-chameleon-lighting-systems.156931/

Yes the Group is pretty much crap! I will buy from Todd no matter. If you look at the reviews on these items the feedback tells the truth about the quality difference so what if he uses the housing. I was trying to tell someone about it a great individual to buy from and they railed me just like they do every time I have something to add. I’m done helping on that page. I wasn’t starting a battle over there I was trying to explain common sense. If they want to burn their house down along with their cham so be it. Todd is quality and so are his products. It’s people over there that lessen the hobby and create confusion on many levels. An admin gave me crap over my supplements and t5 light as a whole and then after telling me I was poisoning my chams over Supplementing pretty publicly...told me privately after I sent my schedule that I need more not less. I’ll stick with what I was taught here and by the breeder. Todd walked me through my purchase even calling me to explain that to me is priceless.

I have bought all my light fixtures from Todd. He walked thru my purchase and then checked on me to make sure everything arrived on time and in good shape. It was amazing to watch my how my chameleon reacted to the Arcadia lighting. They were showing more color and got REALLY active { I thought they were active before} there was no comparison. I will always buy from Todd.

I have bought all my light fixtures from Todd. He walked thru my purchase and then checked on me to make sure everything arrived on time and in good shape. It was amazing to watch my how my chameleon reacted to the Arcadia lighting. They were showing more color and got REALLY active { I thought they were active before} there was no comparison. I will always buy from Todd.
Yes my point exactly. I was going to send that to Todd directly. There’s no helping anyone on that group. Quality isn’t a concern.

Back
Top Bottom