4 week old Male veiled chameleon

Wallaces

My chameleon is not eating enough. He ate a very small worm this morning and this is it. I have had him for 3 days now. I put all his food in a deep dish and he climbs in and out. This way I know what he's eating.

Let him settle in. They can go weeks without eating, so I wouldn't get worried yet. If you want you can fill out the help form in my signature so we can check that your husbandry is ok.

There are many reasons this could be happening. What types of feeder insects have you tried offering him?

Let him settle in. They can go weeks without eating, so I wouldn't get worried yet. If you want you can fill out the help form in my signature so we can check that your husbandry is ok.
Yes I would like to fill out a form.

•Male veiled chameleon
•month old
• Purchased him at a pet store
• I have had him for 3 days
• He's pooped once as I can see, it was white
• In a dish that he climbs in and out from leaves, I put crickets, meal worms
• I sprinkled calcium and multi vitamin on crickets
• The pet store sold me a glass terrarium walls with screen top small for baby chameleon.
• I have fake vines, fake leaves and fake plants and 1 real plant which is schefflerg arboricola and a fresh kale leaf each morning that he looks like he drinks from
• I spray his leaves and walls every 2 hours, not him, he does not like it at all
• His heat is at 78f, and humidity 65

•Male veiled chameleon
•month old
• Purchased him at a pet store
• I have had him for 3 days
• He's pooped once as I can see, it was white
• In a dish that he climbs in and out from leaves, I put crickets, meal worms
• I sprinkled calcium and multi vitamin on crickets
• The pet store sold me a glass terrarium walls with screen top small for baby chameleon.
• I have fake vines, fake leaves and fake plants and 1 real plant which is schefflerg arboricola and a fresh kale leaf each morning that he looks like he drinks from
• I spray his leaves and walls every 2 hours, not him, he does not like it at all
• His heat is at 78f, and humidity 65
Could you try to fill out the form in more detail? E.g. the lights you are using, cage dimensions, misting times, what do you gutload with, what's the temperature gradient in the cage (highest and lowest temps), what kind of thermometer/hygrometer are you using. Also a picture of the setup would help.
When some time passes and he is eating normally you should introduce some variety into his diet. Like roaches, silkworms and hornworms. Some of these are hard to come by but at least in the US you should be able to order them online.
And about supplimenting: you should dust every feeder with calcium without D3 and every two weeks with D3 and also multivitamin.

Back
Top Bottom