3D Printing for Chameleon Keeping ideas/suggestions

Anyone know if bugs that can't climb up smooth walls can climb up a 3D printed surface? It makes if they could but don't know yes or no

I wouldn't use 3D printed things for food, for the reasons @JacksJill said
While a direct contact 3d printed food dish or water dish would not be advisable for the porous reasons mentioned, there are many creative ways to use 3d printed designs in feeding applications that I would argue do not pose such risks. The 3D printed cup holder in the image below for example, holds standard deli cups that are smooth (unclimbable) and are cheaply replaceable in various sized such as 8, 16, and 32 oz sizes. 3D printed parts can also be painted with a non toxic acrylic based paint to make them non-porous.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 6.19.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 6.19.11 PM.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 60
Anyone know if bugs that can't climb up smooth walls can climb up a 3D printed surface? It makes if they could but don't know yes or no
Bugs absolutely can climb 3D printed surfaces. While they may have trouble initially with a vertical surface, there is enough texture for crickets and dubias to eventually climb.
:)

Did you have any luck with ledges? I recently just tried something myself I used some 1x2‘s I mounted some 4 ft wood on outside at beginning of cage build I got longer machine screws though to go thru both the wood and the cage. I also cut shorter ones for the inside and taped them in waterproof white tape then I cut little chucks taped them and then I mounted them on the inside of the cage putting the weight on the frame, I have tested them with another cage and I just remembered to actually take photos this time, I also plan on putting two in the back but will only be attached in the middle you could also put a double bar back there also, I hope this helps someone….View attachment 327755View attachment 327756View attachment 327757

Back
Top Bottom