3 month old Jackson vs 8 month old Jackson

CraftingDreams

Is there a considerable size difference?

Is there a Jacksons breeder that can show me a picture of each?

When I picked up my Stan Lee, they said they had him for 2 months. However, when I spoke to my daughts friend who purchased his bearded there back in Feb, he said that the Jackson was there then. So, Im curious as to what kind of garbage these people are pulling again.

I want to vent soo badly, but Im sure its all been heard before about these places. Ugg..:(

If anyone can help me with this, I appreciate it.

I don't understand...you're upset about how old your Chameleon is? What's the difference either way? Do you have a picture you can post? Plus...can your friend be absolutely positive it's the same one? Jackson's Chameleons all tend to look very similar.

yes there would be a size difference for sure....I got my Jax at 3 months and he is now about eight months and his horn size has grown considerably.

I don't understand...you're upset about how old your Chameleon is? What's the difference either way? Do you have a picture you can post? Plus...can your friend be absolutely positive it's the same one? Jackson's Chameleons all tend to look very similar.

I don't care personally what age he is, I love him.. however, when you get an animal at a pet store, especially with what I have already been dealing with as far as this one goes, you would hope they would at least tell you the truth.

This was the first "Chameleon" they have ever had in this store according to the girl.. however according to the same girl, hes been there for 2 months. This was at the time I took him out of there. She said they come to them at 8 weeks... so that would have made him 3 months... My daughters friend was in there in Feb, which would technically make him 9 months or so... if they get them at 8 weeks.

What bothers me and makes me mad is a long list of things with this store.. from dead lizards laying right in the front of the tanks and not being removed, to the HORRIBLE conditions, piled up crap, cobwebs, ETC ETC.. My little guy was stuck in an old fish tank.. it was about 36 wide, by 12 deep by 12 high. He had 2 very small, skinny fake whatever in there, that were either laying on the tank bottom, or laying over a log that ran from side to side in the tank.. (big log)... and one bio fountain. The lamp was a combo lamp that was sitting on the screen, of which I have personally seen him RIGHT up under and hooked to the screen... which is supposed to be way too strong...

There is a huge difference between his being in those conditions 7 months and his being in those conditions 2 months.

don't get me wrong, hes mine, hes going no where and he gets everything he needs and I am always upgrading.. (about to do a big upgrade this week).. I would however like to know how old my little guy is.. and when it comes to selling someone an animal, would you want to know if its a baby or juvenile? Even if it didn't matter with Chams, there are a lot of animals it does matter with. If they are selling a Juvenile or adult as a baby, that's a problem.

We pulled him out of there because he was in crap conditions, and my heart broke.. I know some don't agree.. its not something I do often, but I did it this time...

this is a photo when we brought him home and placed him in his new enclosure..

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really questions his age, as he seemed small and I wasn't sure exactly how big Jacksons usually get, how big they start out as, and how fast they grow.. but when I see other Chams at OTHER pet stores, they are usually quite small...

I just want to know... sorry.. its part of the big ball of OCD issues I have.

when you get an animal at a pet store.....you would hope they would at least tell you the truth.

Unfortunately when dealing with a pet store you rarely ever get correct information. They don't know, they don't care, they want your cash. Its like getting computer advice from best buy.

No, I know, but since this was a smaller chain, with all of 3 employees total...only 1 at any given time, I would just like her to know that someone knows what she did if he is older.. maybe it woll deter her from bsing again. Shes the manager. I actually got them to change a few things..which is a start.. and im trying to get info cards together so they can learn about the reptiles they do get in. Hoping they show more improvement.

Looking at your picture, that would be the largest 3 month old Jackson I've ever seen!!
Unless that's your 2 year old daughter's hands holding him.

We showed a photo toy daughters friend and he said it looks the same as when he was in there. Im going to double check andake sure with the person who does the purchasing for all the stores, and see if by chance they had another one in there. Either way, he wasnt 3 months old when I got him.

I really hate shady, crappy, clueless pet stores. I did all my digging when I first saw him as well as since, so I could make him happy. The only thing I didnt think to research was what they look like as babies, etc.

Well... at three months their horns are still kind of short. Although I had a nine month old jackson that was smaller than my pinkey finger so they can be older and small. But being younger and big... well ... maaaaybe.

If that's an adult's hand in the photo that Jackson's is at least nine months old. Looks to be in pretty good condition.

Back
Top Bottom