2nd Parsonii female laying

Chuck G

Avid Member
I had a female that laid eggs a few months back and I am hopeful some of them will make it but I had a big surprise when one of my young smaller females is dropping eggs everywhere. I had no indication she was gravid.
She is only 2.5 years old and has never been bred so there will be no fertile eggs in this group. She has been visible to a male since she was a baby but thinking they are not supposed to be sexually mature until about 3 years old,thought everything was fine. These guys are still taking me to school!

We learn something everyday and especially here on the forum! When you gonna change your twilight zone avatar! lol!! just kidding....

Does that type of cham (parsonii) grow to be older than a veiled? If I'm correct a veiled can be mated at 4 months but shouldn't be mated so early of course, but why then does the parsonii have to be so old?

I have not done much reading on any other chameleons than my own

Does that type of cham (parsonii) grow to be older than a veiled? If I'm correct a veiled can be mated at 4 months but shouldn't be mated so early of course, but why then does the parsonii have to be so old?

I have not done much reading on any other chameleons than my own

Parsonii reportedly can live 15-20 yrs. They are different than most species and take their time with everything. The oldest one I have is around 8.

Parsonii reportedly can live 15-20 yrs. They are different than most species and take their time with everything. The oldest one I have is around 8.

Wow that is awsome I am going to go see what it looks like just to be on the same page, I've read that Veiled chams only live about 6-8years if their lucky...is that true? And also, are the parsonii bigger than veilled's and do they grow slower or faster, sorry to bomb you with the q's its interesting to me:D

It looks very nice I like it, weired nose! is this a parsonii? I found this on google images

ok i see that it is from the image name

Last edited:
Wow that is awsome I am going to go see what it looks like just to be on the same page, I've read that Veiled chams only live about 6-8years if their lucky...is that true? And also, are the parsonii bigger than veilled's and do they grow slower or faster, sorry to bomb you with the q's its interesting to me:D

I would say that is an accurate range for a well taken care of Veiled.
Some of you Veiled owners feel free to jump in on that.
I have a male Parsonii that hovers around 900 gms so potentially they can get 3 times the size of an average Veiled. No hissing or biting out of these guys either. They are always chillin.

I would say that is an accurate range for a well taken care of Veiled.
Some of you Veiled owners feel free to jump in on that.
I have a male Parsonii that hovers around 900 gms so potentially they can get 3 times the size of an average Veiled. No hissing or biting out of these guys either. They are always chillin.

This seems to be the best chameleons ever, is there a catch? such as they only eat diamond crusted earrings or they must be kept at 339.2 degrees exactly 24/7:rolleyes:

This seems to be the best chameleons ever, is there a catch? such as they only eat diamond crusted earrings or they must be kept at 339.2 degrees exactly 24/7:rolleyes:

They need cooler temps,high humidity,big prey items,lots of water.
The biggest deterrent is the price!

They need cooler temps,high humidity,big prey items,lots of water.
The biggest deterrent is the price!

Well...We have hot weather here in summer and mild in winter so that will be tricky. I payed R700 for my veiled, or about $50. What can one expect to pay for a parsonii?

Back
Top Bottom