2nd Parsonii female laying

On what do you base this opinion:)?

There is a fellow SA chameleon keeper, who was thinking about buying a pair, or did a while back. Think they were 500 rand ea., if my memory is correct.

Nevermind, if you paid 700r for a veil, I think it was more like 7,000 rand. Or 500 US dollars.

There is a fellow SA chameleon keeper, who was thinking about buying a pair, or did a while back. Think they were 500 rand ea., if my memory is correct.

There is NO WAY they are 500, maybe 5000. R500 is about a tank of petrol... But I would gladly pay R5000 for something so awsome if I knew he could handle 30-38 degrees Celsius in the summer

Congrats!! Yes, just when you think you have it figured out....bam! They kick you in the keester. :p My melleri do it all the time.....I think they are just seeing if I'm paying attention. :rolleyes:

Good luck with this girl!

Nevermind, if you paid 700r for a veil, I think it was more like 7,000 rand. Or 500 US dollars.

Yes I agree that makes more sense, it is alot...but seems worth it, but baby on the way so as I said it has to wait

I think I'm always so impressed by that number that it's never occured to me to ask before: how old is Herc, anyway?

Hey Kent,
Herc is getting close to 5. He originally came out of that Kammer group and was bought by a guy named Nick Viola and Nick ran into some trouble and I ended up with him. He is chowing down everyday and most of my other guys every 2 to 3 days. He could look like Homer Simpson if I let him!

I would say that is an accurate range for a well taken care of Veiled.
Some of you Veiled owners feel free to jump in on that.
I have a male Parsonii that hovers around 900 gms so potentially they can get 3 times the size of an average Veiled. No hissing or biting out of these guys either. They are always chillin.

hmmmmm, you may have this one pumping iron to, and watching Rambo movies lol...Couldn’t help myself.:rolleyes:

Maybe they are more easily obtained in SA but 2500 bones is alot of money to shell out. Scroll down midway of the page to see the parsons.
http://www.flchams.com/inventory_all.asp?id=1028&cham=Other Chameleon Species For Sale

Tyler I was astonished at the price of the Parsonii compared to other chameleons, I dont know if $2 500 is alot of money in the US but in south africa the average salary is R15 000 per month according to a survey and this chameleon will cost if directly converted around R20 000, considering that ist is even more rare in south africa, if there are any, I would then expect to pay between R30 000 and R40 000. Which sounds like alot but considering you could only buy a small second hand car for that price it might not be tooooooo bad. If my brother can pay R150 000 to hunt a buffalo then I think its a bargain, and it has now become one of my ambitions in life to become an advanced enough cham keeper to buy and take care of a parsonii chameleon:cool:

Damnit Syn, I was going to say that. You are always taking my thunder. Go tattoo something. ;)

How about deviled Parson eggs?

Pieter..there were a whole load of parsons available maybe 2 or 3 years ago going for R3 800 each.

They are impossible to breed though...especialy here in S.A but maybe someone will try get it right here...

There was a guy selling his male the other day for R5000, and then I think I know of another guy maybe selling one for R7000 with cage and everything...thats what I heard from someone else but he told me a couple months ago that he wants R10 000 for it...I would like one...but not at a price like that...

And congrats Chuck!!! Was wondering what incubator do you use to incubate Parson eggs? I hope for the best with your eggs...
I will try one day if I come across a pair here in S.A.

Pieter..there were a whole load of parsons available maybe 2 or 3 years ago going for R3 800 each.

They are impossible to breed though...especialy here in S.A but maybe someone will try get it right here...

There was a guy selling his male the other day for R5000, and then I think I know of another guy maybe selling one for R7000 with cage and everything...thats what I heard from someone else but he told me a couple months ago that he wants R10 000 for it...I would like one...but not at a price like that...

And congrats Chuck!!! Was wondering what incubator do you use to incubate Parson eggs? I hope for the best with your eggs...
I will try one day if I come across a pair here in S.A.

Wow how on earth were they sold so cheap? I would instantly buy one for less than R5000. But I would actually like a baby one, my plan is to gain experience first with this cham of mine and some more knowledge and then in about six years(wow long wait) buy a pair of those, If I can find them that is, I think you must buy a pair first and perfect the breeding, and I will buy their babies!lol

I think you must buy a pair first and perfect the breeding, and I will buy their babies!lol

Just throwing this out there, but six years probably get you only one clutch, IF that.

@Chuck- This is cool! There is no way she and your male couldn't have bred?

LPR08

Back
Top Bottom