260 Gallon Reptarium!

NewOwner

Hi i am levi, i have 1 4 month old veiled female chameleon, she is a very good hunter, and very 'Active' (she moves around alot) And we are planning on getting a new terrarium/reptarium, the one shes in is about 20 x 20 x 36 And we planned on buying the 24 x 24 x 48 from LLL, But now there is a sale on the 260 gallon (29 x 29 x 72) I was just wondering, if this one will be too big for my 4 month Female.. As i said, she is a Very good hunter, Loves plants.. and loves to wander around her Cage :p

Thanks Everyone!

-Levi

If I understand correctly, that's 72" or 6 feet tall? Id say that is overkill for a female veiled. I think the 24 x 24 x 48 is really the right size.

Sandra, when you say its a bit overkill, do you mean it is too much and a bad thing, or alot of room for a small girl?

I was thinking about if we get this one, when i get another cham, possibly in a few months, i could just put some wood in between them, and it'll be fine? :)

BTW, my girl loves to move around, i think shed like this, alot more 'Roaming space'

Any other opinions?

i believe that female veileds and panthers feel more secure in a smaller enclosure the one you have is big enuff.

20x20x36 is bigger than either enclosure I have an adult female veiled in.
Agnes is in an 18x18x36 which is the largest female cage I have.
My newest female is in a 16x16x30, where she will stay.
I believe it can actually be detrimental to house the hyper-vigilant females in anything larger.
In my opinion, they feel much safer in a smaller territory.

-Brad

20x20x36 is bigger than either enclosure I have an adult female veiled in.
Agnes is in an 18x18x36 which is the largest female cage I have.
My newest female is in a 16x16x30, where she will stay.
I believe it can actually be detrimental to house the hyper-vigilant females in anything larger.
In my opinion, they feel much safer in a smaller territory.

-Brad
thanks brad i just said that hahaha jus kiddin:D

Back
Top Bottom