24 inch grow light recommendations?

Sansi 30 watt spot is 110 umol @ 20", the 40 watt is 160.

So 2 of OPs bars would be 140 umol @ 48 watt.

I dont think you can get much closer :)

Keep in mind, 48 watts of LED grow like is VERY BRIGHT, like twice as bright as a 48 watt T5HO, and those are 3 times brighter than a similar length T8.. You may only need 1 of the 4 that come in the package.

Hi @nightanole does umol mean lumens this is my light 34watt and yup super bright took me a minute or two ,to get used to it
20210826_174417.jpg

Could y'all tell me if something like this would work as a grow light? I keep seeing Sansi as a brand that is recommended, but I just keep seeing bulbs instead of strips and I'd really like to have a strip. My umbrella plant in my cage isn't doing too great with just the ambient light in the house.

https://www.amazon.com/Barrina-Equi...nsi+grow+light+24+inch&qid=1629986169&sr=8-13

Thanks!
Those might even be overkill. Sansi makes a lot of different LED grow lights.
I (and others here) like the 70W pads for my chameleon enclosure, but my Missus has one of these in her tortoise box (much shallower). If you like strips ( 🤷‍♂️ ) they have this one (a little long at 29", but subtracting the box may be just about right).

Just an FYI. Most all of the fixtures for T5HO fluorescents and LED strips are made by the same company, regardless of what's printed on the fixture. This includes the Barrina lights above.

Shenzen Sunlight Lighting Co. makes all of these and more:

1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
so shop for price.

Keep in mind, 48 watts of LED grow like is VERY BRIGHT, like twice as bright as a 48 watt T5HO, and those are 3 times brighter than a similar length T8.. You may only need 1 of the 4 that come in the package.
Thank you! The watts and umol is so confusing to me, thanks for explaining it!

Nightanole,

would this work then? I have two cages that I need to light. Or should I stick with the 4 pack? Thank you for your help

Barrina LED Shop Light 2ft, 20W 2500LM 5000K, T8 LED Light Fixture, Clear Cover, Ceiling and Utility Shop Light, Linkable Tube Lights, Shop Lights for Room, Garage, Workbench, Warehouse, 2-Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B081N55...abc_STXHM6V1KE7189EWVTXP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Nightanole,

would this work then? I have two cages that I need to light. Or should I stick with the 4 pack? Thank you for your help

Barrina LED Shop Light 2ft, 20W 2500LM 5000K, T8 LED Light Fixture, Clear Cover, Ceiling and Utility Shop Light, Linkable Tube Lights, Shop Lights for Room, Garage, Workbench, Warehouse, 2-Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B081N55...abc_STXHM6V1KE7189EWVTXP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

those are 5000k shop lights, not grow or 6500k "sunlight". Id stick with the 4 pack, and who knows, your plants might need 2 bars per cage. I had trouble keeping them alive with just two T5HO's.

The @ isn't required as long as the handle is copy/pasted as a hyperlink.
I've never used the @ and folks don't seem to have any problem finding the pings.

Back
Top Bottom